• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CamlockBox for Primos Truth Cam

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I just purchased two of these boxes for my Primos Truth Cam Blackouts. This model will also accommodate the Truth Cam 35, Truth Cam 46, Truth Cam 60. They do make other models for various other cams.

It is what it is supposed to be. It is a well constructed sturdy box to protect the camera from theft, animals etc. It looks as thought it will do just that.

Blackout_Case_001_zpsa3c5e2f3.jpg
Blackout_Case_002_zps6a9a16bb.jpg

There are ample holes in the back to accomodate lag bolts, straps, etc. The holes also line up with the bracket holes in the back of the camera.

Blackout_Case_003_zpsd0fa273a.jpg

The cutouts in the metal fit tightly with the camera aligning it perfectly each time you remove it. You will not have to realign the housing each time you remove the camera for maint., card swap etc. The construction seems very sturdy and I think it will hold up for a long time.

Blackout_Case_004_zpsa95c2f1d.jpg

The case is currently in the field. I'll update later on how well it holds up. I'm in a fairly high theft area so the box may be put to the test. So far I'm pretty happy with the fit and finish compared to other security boxes I've used.

As you know, I bought the same setup as you have a few days ago to use, but it hasn't gotten here yet.

But does the camera box have a cutout to allow for the external battery supply jack to hook into the camera, or is there enough clearance inside the box to have the external battery supply inside the box and wired in that way or ?

I will check the box tonight. The pics shows a hole which I assume corresponds to the power port but I will confirm and report back.

10-4. I would think that it would, but wanted to ask. I still have to buy a jack for it anyway but am waiting on the camera so I know what size to get.

And then I have to check to see what the polarity is anyway so I know how to wire it.

CamBoxPowerAccess_001.jpg
CamBoxPowerAccess_002.jpg

@John A. The hole in the bottom lines up nicely with the power inlet. Not sure of the jack size but it looks to be about 1/4" to 5/16 inch. I'm not familiar enough with this to know what the std adapter would be but hopefully this will help you.

Yes sir, that answers my question perfectly.

Thank you for taking the time to check it for me and getting back with me about it.

Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

They shipped it surepost or whatever it is called. I may be able to call my PO to see if I can pick it up later this evening. If not, it will be here tomorrow.

Was able to make it to the PO and got the camera and the bear box.

I used Gorilla tape to camo it.

Hopefully, the next few days the rain will break so I can put it out.

Oh, by the way while I am thinking about it, I got a reply back from Primos informing me that I can hook a 6v solar panel to the jack to keep my rechargables topped off, further extending battery life/operation time.

Back