• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Can't get barrel to seat in receiver 930 SPX

Have you cleaned your piston or secondary piston? These getting too dirty can make it so it won't seat. Have you taken apart your piston and cleaned it? It is a 3 piece design.

If you have done these things, it may be a bigger issue.

Thank you. Jerry Miculek was kind enough to send me a message with solution. What happened was the spring inside the short tube in which the gas piston sits (it's embedded in a track) had become misaligned and popped out a tiny bit. I stuck my finger in there and reseated and no all good. Seems like a design flaw to me. Not sure what happened to create the issue. I asked Jerry but haven't heard back. Don't want to bug him, he was nice enough to take a moment to give me the clue.

He's pretty good about answering. I was lucky enough to meet him at an exhibition shoot he did in Orlando. He pulled all of us aside that shot Mossbergs, or Smith & Wesson gun at the end and gave us all some pointers. He has a really good video out about cleaning the 930 JM Pro, that would also apply to your SPX.

Back