• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Carlson’s Stainless Choke Tubes fit Mossberg 500, 5500

MossyMilDot

.270 WIN
They do not advertise what Mossberg models, but two do fit (Mossberg 500, Mossberg 5500 MK II).

Carlson’s Flush Mount Replacement Stainless Choke Tubes are interchangeable with Mossberg, Winchester, Browning Invector, Weatherby, and Savage 12 gauge shotguns.

Carlson’s Flush Mount Replacement Stainless Choke Tubes Diameter

#12211 Carlson’s Moss/Win Skeet .725

#12215 Carlson’s Moss/Win Full (Trap) .700

#12216 Carlson’s Moss/Win Extra Full .690

#19891 Carlson’s Moss/Win Turkey .680

For use with Steel, Lead, or Heavy-Shot

Winchester Flush Mount Replacement Stainless Choke Tubes
Manufactured from 17-4 stainless steel and hardened. For use with lead shot in all constrictions. Steel shot larger than #BB should not be used in any choke tighter than modified, BB and smaller size steel shot may be used through full choke constriction.
Interchangeable with Mossberg 500, Mossberg 5500 MK II, Winchester, Browning Invector, Weatherby, and Savage 12 gauge shotguns.

Every choke we make is backed by a lifetime warranty and is made in Atwood, Kansas, USA!
http://www.choketube.com/choke-tube-pro ... Tubes&mf=9

I only have a few chokes. The two factory flush screw in chokes that came on the Winny 1300 and the Mossy 500. I'm pretty sure that both are full chokes.

I do have an extended improved cylinder Carlson choke that I bought for the 1300 for when/if I wanted to use it for deer hunting with slugs.

I have not thought to try it in the 500, and do not know if it's compatible with the 500 or not, but it does screw into the 1300.

I had hopes of deer hunting this past year with the 1300, but was unable to go.

John A. said:
I only have a few chokes. The two factory flush screw in chokes that came on the Winny 1300 and the Mossy 500. I'm pretty sure that both are full chokes.

I do have an extended improved cylinder Carlson choke that I bought for the 1300 for when/if I wanted to use it for deer hunting with slugs.

I have not thought to try it in the 500, and do not know if it's compatible with the 500 or not, but it does screw into the 1300.

I had hopes of deer hunting this past year with the 1300, but was unable to go.

I bet the Mossy 500 came with the MOD or IC not a Full. You should unscrew it and read on the side. They are hard to read being black. ;)

It was indeed a modified.

Though my first 500 came with an extended extra full in it.

John A. said:
It was indeed a modified.

Though my first 500 came with an extended extra full in it.

My Mossy 500 also came with a modified. MOD is a kind of a jack of all trades master of none Choke. :D I did just get a skeet and Full (trap) for shooting for fun at the ranges.

I have had some successes with fixed modified chokes.

My m94 16 gauge shoots paper plate size groups at 40 yards with it and #6 shot.

Back