• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

cleaning 3 dot sights.

dieselmudder

.30-06
Elite Member
"Philanthropist"
any good technique to clean the dots out? I tried a q-tip but it wont get in there, so I very gently used a sharp pick to scrape most of the buildup out. I don't really want to continue this method for fear I will eventually scratch the paint out. and I can see them better but theyre not as bright as they could be. granted the ultimate solution is a set of tritiums, but till then......

I actually only use them cleaning my 500. Great for the trigger assembly.

As far as cleaning solution goes, I find that there's not much a little Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber won't clean...

As far as cleaning solution goes, I find that there's not much a little Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber won't clean...

Be careful with anything too harsh... Depending on what quality sights they are it may dissolve the paint. Plain rubbing alcohol has worked for me in the past.... Lol, it's actually my go-to "eh... I don't have anything better" cleaning solution :)

Qtip and a little bit of petroleum jelly...just keep using Qtips until they come out dry, then use a little bit of water on a Qtip to get the rest of it out. Be careful like AK said, anything harsh will take the paint out.

Back