• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Czechoslovak Group Acquires Federal, CCI, Remington Ammo, Speer and Hevi-shot

Ernst

.30-06
"Philanthropist"

Vista Outdoor, parent company of 41 renowned brands that design, manufacture and market sporting and outdoor products to consumers around the globe, announced a definitive agreement to sell its Sporting Products business to Czechoslovak Group (CSG) on Oct. 1. The value of the all-cash transaction is $1.91 billion and includes ownership transfer of some of the industry’s biggest names in ammunition, including Federal, CCI, Remington Ammo, Speer and Hevi-Shot

That leaves a lot to be desired.

I wonder,will the plants here be closed or will the ammo still be made in America ?

It always gives me concerns when a big conglomerate buys out a firearm company, especially a foreign conglomerate. :( Will they be removing the machinery and shipping it overseas? :eek:

All,

Commenting on this for the first time since reading this. I need to do some more research. Meanwhile, stock up on components, invest in some reloading equipment. We've been down this road before.

Speaking to you as a (sorry) CA resident (we do buy more firearms than anyone credits here). Lifetime NRA and NRA/CMP competitor (Highpower Rifle & 3-position Smallbore Rifle).

JX

I don't think I shoot enough to warrant reloading, but who knows about the future? My big concern is screwing it up! :oldman:

The only thing better than doing your own reloads is having a close friend that is already good at it. :)

All,

I am sorry to be "late to the gate" on this transaction last year. It involves major ammunition manufacturers names being sold outside the US! Is this an attempt to isolate litigation against Federal, Speer, Remington, and a host of other ammunition manufacturers? I don't know all the details, but I am not comfortable with this. Remington (as part of a group) had control of: Marlin, Bushmaster, and NEF. They put in a new plant in Alabama to manufacture Marlin Firearms and proceeded to completely screw them up! Then Remington went bankrupt (for the third time, if I am not mistaken) and sold these firms off. Marlin was picked up by Ruger and they took the machinery from the Alabama facility.. Reports are now good about the products (no, I do not work for Ruger). I am an owner of several JM products though, and wanted therm to succeed.

I have several Mossbergs. I want the company to succeed also and not go down the road that was traveled by the conglomerate that picked up Remington. Issues need to be reported and addressed here in this forum. I just got a new 940 JM PRO to the addition and had to request the Briley choke tubes and manual missing from Mossberg (previous post). They were sent ASAP. Kudos to Mossberg! I want these manufactures to stay in the US. Just my two cents worth!

JX

Last edited:
I would think the US government has contracts with some of these manufacturers. I would be shocked if they allowed them to move production of ammo off-shore if they want to keep their contract. Under Obummer the US government was buying ammo like it was going out of style. Anyone know if that has continued?

Back