• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Davis Industries P32

Sn3aKyGuY

.30-06
Anyone ever see one of these? It's a semi-auto, striker fire pocket gun in .32 ACP. I guess Davis Industries sold all the tooling and rights to a company called Cobra Firearms in the late 90's and they now produce it under the name Cobra CA32. Well I got a co-worker that keeps one in his night stand, but it stopped feeding for the magazine so I told him I'd look at it for him. He also snapped the firing pin in half, so I'm gonna swap that out for him and clean it up while I'm at it. Neat little gun. I've read a lot of bad about it, but you can't expect much out of a $150 pocket pistol.

I don't have one, but your assumptions are probably correct about getting what you paid for it.

If you're looking for parts, numrich may have what you need, and you could also check with http://www.jackfirstgun.com I cannot recommend them enough.

I had a Stevens Model 79 that was missing some parts for the better part of a decade and they had them in stock.

Jack First will provide you with a schematic if you send them with a SASE, and you call them up and give them the part numbers you need when you get it.

It takes a little longer this way, but he is a wealth of knowlege and can cross reference a lot to other makes models if he doesn't have the exact part number in stock.

I have been stock piling random gun manuals for the last year because I knew I wanted to get into gunsmithing and for some reason I just happened to have the original manuals from Davis and Cobra laying around. I have a feeling the guy is trying to chamber a round with the gun on safe, which would make sense, but these particular guns have to be on fire to chamber a round. I'm just hoping nothing is wrong with the ejector because Numrich doesn't have any ejector related parts in stock. From what I can tell the Davis and Cobra parts are interchangeable, so if it comes down to it I may have to go that route. He's dropping the gun off with me after work tonight so I'll have a better idea when I get it home to look at it.

Thanks for the reference to Jack Fist Gun. I'll be sure to hit them up if I can't find what I need. Gotta go get ready for work now. It's homecoming at the college so I have a feeling I'm going to be busy tonight. -sigh-

AHHH HA!

Rossignol said:
I've not ever heard of these.

Here's probably why.

I had no idea from the name Davis Industries, but from looking at the pictures on their website a minute ago, their FS series is eerily similiar to the ill-famed Lorcin. Looks to me like it's identical to it.

Just do a google for Lorcin. You'll quickly see they were crap. And I know because I own one. Not from my will, but for some reason my wife likes it and asked if she could keep it. I tried to explain to her that I loved her more than that, but she liked it better than the Ruger. :eek:

http://www.cobrapistols.net/product-fre ... ies-sa.asp

COBRA
prod-fseriessa-main-3.jpg

LORCIN
lorcin_380_small.jpg

If you're a real friend, you'll tell your buddy they don't make parts for it anymore and tell him he needs to buy something else to keep in his nightstand. ;)

Yeah, I did see that some were very similar to other models, though I couldnt name them.

Poor guy, I almost don't want to tell him what was wrong. Last time he cleaned it, he put a part in backwards. Good thing he had someone look at it though. The safety pin that is connected to the sear was pushed through the seer to far so he had no safety on it. Got that fixed and did a clean and polish for him. Thing looks better than new! Now to order the firing pin and it should be good to go.

I myself have heard nothing but bad about their semi-autos, but if that's what your friend wants to trust his life to, well...I wish him well.

I actually own Davis Industries firearm, but it's a .22 magnum derringer, and it was bought for it's aesthetics, and not much else.

DAVIS22MAGNUMsmall-2.jpg

I've read good and bad. Mostly bad, but it seems if you can get your hands on a good one that they're reliable as any other gun under $200. It's working good now, just gotta get that firing pin in it for him. Probably helps that I spent a good amount of time polishing rough areas of the slide and trigger system. Has a nice pull, feeds good and does everything it should without a firing pin.

..."Has a nice pull, feeds good and does everything it should without a firing pin."

Hope it works better with the firing pin...!! ;)

That's nice that you are able to help your friend out tho...have you taken any gunsmithing classes or are you working on a degree through the internet...?! Thought of doing that myself at one time, and have AGI gunsmithing videos on some of the firearms I own, should I need a reference.

Most of what I know is from just looking at schematics and figuring it out. Technical things come pretty easy to me. I was going to order the ATI gunsmithing program, but after ordering the Glock and Mossberg 500 videos and realizing most of their material is over 10 years old I figured I'd be better doing stuff the way I have been. The only things either of those videos taught me was some interesting history of the firearms. Outside that I knew all the technical aspects just from breaking my guns down and looking at them.

I may order some of there non-model specific videos down the road, such as glass bedding, barrel modifications, and what not. I do plan on taking some of the NRA gunsmithing classes as well, but for just the basic stuff I do at the moment I can't justify the cost of the class and traveling to take them since none of them are held in my area.

Back