• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Defender Tactical Dual Rail Adapter Kit

Husker88

.270 WIN
Elite Member
The dual rail adapter for the Mav-88 arrived today! Undamaged, despite the best efforts of USPS. :) [just kidding, USPS :) ]

It looks like a very solid, well-engineered piece that even I should be able to install without incident.

Defender rail adapter_edited-1.jpg

It also came with the all-important sticker for the field box! Well done, Defender Tactical. I'll post a pic after I get it installed. Can't wait.

I'd like to see it in action.
Right now I've got the whole gun apart and spread out to clean it up. I wasn't happy with my initial stab at getting all of the factory gunk off the inside and the moving parts. Even after I get it back together with the rail adapter, I still have to shop for a light to mount. Maybe when all the ducks line up I can make a short video. That'll be more challenging than working on the shotgun. :)

Husker88, wish others would follow your example. Both removing manufacturing debris and also looking for sharp edges & machine burrs up front saves lots of headaches down the road.

Like many other things in life adapting the weapons to your specific needs is a journey and takes time and even sometimes experimenting with things.

Regards

I'd been skeptical, but when I saw how much crud was under the forend and other areas, and how well the gun racked after I got it cleaned up, I'm convinced. Clean off everything and LOOK.

Back