• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Difference between 2 3/4" and 2 3/4" mag?

Re: Difference between 2 3/4

cmcdonald said:
oli700 said:
It is a fact that one ounce of lead in shot form produces less chamber pressure than a one ounce slug all else being equal. Shot absorbs energy more readily, even though its in a wad, than a singular projectile….shotgun reloader specific knowledge.
The difference can be measured but not readily felt…..it’s one of those things to know if you reload on the edge of acceptable chamber pressure……its one of the risks in making Kentucky slugs because if you melt the shot from a load that’s on the edge of max pressure and replace it with the slug it could be enough of a pressure spike to crack your chamber :ugeek:
Thanks Oli...another piece of info or trivia for the unintiated! ;) Now I can continue to annoy my wife and daughter with more Cliff Clavin-esque quotes of what they call useless information.

On the other hand, I however will treasure this info and hopefully put it to use in the future. I am considering getting into re-loading down the line. I just need more money and more space....hmmm might have to fight the wife for more closet space!! :lol:

This is a piece of 00 buck I recovered. This is an example why shot absorbs energy, it isn’t escape of gas or anything else other than the shot conforming to its neighbor and smaller shot compressing to fill gaps in the stack as it is accelerated down the bore. Pellets also compress into the wad base and petals……

Re: Difference between 2 3/4

OhioArcher said:
cmcdonald said:
Thanks Oli...another piece of info or trivia for the unintiated! ;) Now I can continue to annoy my wife and daughter with more Cliff Clavin-esque quotes of what they call useless information.

On the other hand, I however will treasure this info and hopefully put it to use in the future. I am considering getting into re-loading down the line. I just need more money and more space....hmmm might have to fight the wife for more closet space!! :lol:

You wife makes you live in a closet? Wow... :eek: ... ;)
Don't judge me!! Jeez! :lol:

Back