• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

DIY: Shot shell cards & pouch

Kodiak

.270 WIN
Take a belt slide shot shell holder, M-16 mag pouch, Velcro, 2" elastic and someone that has a heavy duty sewing machine.

At General Jackson's, they sell tactical equipment, sew on patches and mod ruck sacks for the local soldiers at Ft. Bragg.

I had them split the belt slide shot shell holder in half, add Velcro, add a grab loop and trim the edges with webbing. On the other half they did the same plus actually make shot shell loops. On the pouch I had them cut the flap and a small piece of protruding Velcro.Through a drain hole in the bottom of the pouch I ran 550 cord to tie the cards together. I can empty the outside card, rip it off, pull out the inside card and stick it to the outside without dropping either card to the ground. I found that the flaps are big enough to hold 5 maybe 6 shot shells, so I'll be returning to have him add elastic loops and Velcro and have two more shot shell cards.

Cost
1 yrd of 2" elastic $3.00
2 M16 mag pouches $12.00
Sewing $15.00
Shot shell belt slide $17.00
Total $47.00

2011-11-25_17-09-42_884.jpg

2011-11-25_17-10-38_252.jpg

2011-11-25_17-11-10_141.jpg

2011-11-25_17-11-38_407.jpg

2011-11-25_17-12-28_401.jpg

That's where I got the I got the idea from. I just didn't want to spend the hundred and some for the micro rig!

Got my ESSTAC shot shell cards in the mail today, so I finished up the second pouch. Between the two I am now carrying 27 rounds. 27 because one of the DIY cards only holds six.

The ESSTAC cards are very nice They are made very stiff and narrower than the cards I had made up. They also fit much better as a side saddle.

I did find a flaw in my design. While trying to pull the card out of the pouch it would hand up because of the hook Velcro. I got some thin plastic and made an insert. Now every thing is good!

I'm really happy how this rig turned out. I may make up like ten more to be ready for the zombie apocalypse. I'll have to get suspenders for the belt too, don't want my pants falling down in front of all the zombie girls!!

Top is the DIY card, bottom is the ESSTAC card.
photobucket-3309-1322356669437.jpg

photobucket-3101-1322356749540.jpg

Having a good load-out is crucial. Looks like you really have got it figured out!

Great thread!

Zombie chicks! :D

Pretty cool stuff! I was wanting a card system/rig for my CamelBak Delt-5!

Looks like the Federal Target loads in the last couple pics?

Rossignol said:
Zombie chicks! :D

Pretty cool stuff! I was wanting a card system/rig for my CamelBak Delt-5!

Looks like the Federal Target loads in the last couple pics?
You sure do know your ammo! I'm going to watch and MAYBE shoot in a shotgun match tomorrow, so I went ahead and loaded them up.

Kodiak said:
You sure do know your ammo!

Heck I'll even go ahead and say theyre the Federal Top Gun! :D

The match looks awesome! Good luck and more importantly have fun cuz with practice and consistency, you wont need luck!!! ;)

I wish our gun club had stuff more like this rather than only multigun (like 3 gun)... I would love some shotgun only that wasnt skeet or trap!

Great idea Kodiak !!

+1 rep for Yankee ingenuity... :cool:

Improvise, Adapt, & Overcome !!

Good idea!

That sounds like a more practical way for me to carry extra ammo mounted to the outside of my gun case. As it is, my department only gives us the box that the shells came in and we generally keep them in the door compartment so they dont get lost in the trunk.

Now I've got more items to put on the BOLO list for the next gun show.

Back