• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

DON'T hide firearms inside the home?

I think it's a (probably expensive) gimmick. I also think that holding a heavy mirror up with one hand, while trying to " get my gear out " with the other and not leaving the little round magnet inside the box would probably result in smashed fingers and a lot of cussing. :roll:

As for unsecured weapons the normal home is filled to the brim with stuff that can kill, 99.99% of it unsecured. A gun is just another item in the mix.

I suppose that it would be harder to steal something that you can't find. And a safe is usually not very hard to spot if you're looking for one.

But who's going to have that many big life size portraits hanging around? Besides Jonathan Higgins (yeah, magnum PI reference :lol: )

If one were so inclined, they could fabricate this from 2x4's and a few screws just like framing a window or a door for less than $10.

There are actually some really good hidden room plans on youtube.

John A. said:
I suppose that it would be harder to steal something that you can't find. And a safe is usually not very hard to spot if you're looking for one.

But who's going to have that many big life size portraits hanging around? Besides Jonathan Higgins (yeah, magnum PI reference :lol: )

If one were so inclined, they could fabricate this from 2x4's and a few screws just like framing a window or a door for less than $10.

There are actually some really good hidden room plans on youtube.

You're making a lot of assumptions there John. ;) I suspect these kinds of things are mostly marketed to folks who are still trying to figure out if buckshot comes in hollowpoint. :lol: If it can't be accessed from a smartphone, it just escapes them. :roll:

Gotta admit, I am more inclined to go with a secret stash over a big bulky safe. A couple well placed wall units could be quite handy. I am also really interested in this night stand I found. Gotta see if there are other manufacturers out there.

Nightguard Night Stand

FyrFytr998 said:
Gotta admit, I am more inclined to go with a secret stash over a big bulky safe. A couple well placed wall units could be quite handy. I am also really interested in this night stand I found. Gotta see if there are other manufacturers out there.

Nightguard Night Stand

Qline makes some nice furniture. Also pretty expensive. Many custom woodworkers/cabinet makers can do similar work, but none of it is cheap. I've done a couple myself. Hidden compartments are fun, and have been incorporated in desks, chests of drawers, stairs, etc. for centuries. :D

Back