• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x illuminated

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Is anyone familiar with these sights?

I saw one today that had the mil-dot set up on it for 5.56. It was on an airsoft rifle and the whole cost of the rifle was $650 but I think they were sellin it in parts too and wanted $150 for the sight/scope.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Elcan SpecterDRs go for around $2000 new and have the ARMS throw lever mount on them. The mounts are about $200 on thier own, though these may be built in? I dunno.

Ok, so I dont have the $150 layin around, but is the sight worth it cuz I'll find the $150 if its the sight I'm thinkin of!!! :D

Gotcha, thats what I was afraid of. I had read a review saying the clones didnt have the mildot reticle and the illuminated reticle was a T-dot. This one had the mildot and a single illuminted dot. It may have been an older review.

A very convincing clone... Oh well, this is why I came home to research.

Thanks LES, I appreciate ya lookin out. I hadnt been able to find the model you linked to and nothin else until then looked at all like what I saw. The one in your link looks just like it.

Ok, ok... just out of curiosity, would the clone have the same reticle?

I cant find anything on them reticle wise, just wonderin if its possible they would be the same...

Sorry, I'm not tryin to get my hopes up or push a dead issue, just seems there has to be some difference in the clones to be able to distinguish them. As I said, the one I saw is very convincing.

Hmmm, thats one I had seen made mention of but hadnt been able to find, that is def not the reticle I saw.

This one had just a red dot illumination and had this reticle.

ELCAN-SpecterDR-Dual-Role-1x-4x-Optical-Sight-7_62-CX5396-Illuminated-Ballistic-Reticle-DFOV14-C2-Pic4.jpg

Man, I wish I could rep you again for your help but I cant...

Hey, if youre able, look at my above post again, I just added the reticle I saw today.

THANKS!!!

So safe to say dont be fooled into buyin due to a "too good to be true price"? :D

OH! Another thought, It could be that Elcan SpecterDR housings are being purchased and refurbished for airsoft... Maybe?

Your call man,

All I'm sayin is that the folks makin the replicas have definitely done their homework.

Refurbished housings? I suppose it's possible...

walk away... Aw well, was hopin to have found a deal. But thats why I ask here! ;)

Back