• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

EliteTacticalAdvantage fore end (S&J Hardware)

dloose

Copper BB
I ordered the fore end direct from EliteTactialAdvantage for $149.00. Took a month to get here. Looks nice, mounted a TRS-1 light , very solid , on a Gen3 930 SPX. However, where the fore end meets the receiver, if you look down from the top, there is a VERY significant gap, more than 1/8" on both sides. You can clearly see the piston rails in the attached pics. If you really used the gun in a dirty, muddy environment, I'm sure enough crud could quickly get in there and cause a jam. I'm bummed.

Anyone else have this gap with this part??

Attachments

• Bobcat pic1.jpg
    Bobcat pic1.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 255
  • Bobcat pic2.jpg
    Bobcat pic2.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 254
That gap would probably allow you to install a heatshield. I did some research awhile back for a heatshield for a 930 w/ the Aimpro forend. That gap would probably allow for the shields that have the retaining ring at the back of the shield such as the factory shields and the polymer ones on ebay. Might help with your concern about debris getting into the piston area.

Back