• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ELZETTA ZFL-M60 LED Tactical Weapon Light + ZSM Mount

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
http://www.elzetta.com/zfl-m60FAQ.htm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6bYZZUS3WA[/youtube]

What options are available on the Elzetta ZFL-M60 Tactical LED Flashlight? Options include a Standard Bezel or a Crenellated Strike Bezel, a 2-Cell or a 3-Cell Body, and a Rotary, Clicky, High/Low, or High/Strobe Tailcap. Any combination of these components may be ordered as a complete assembled Tactical LED Flashlight. All components are also sold separately.

How do the Elzetta Tailcaps differ from one another? Elzetta Tailcaps operate as follows: 1) Rotary Tailcap - Momentary activation is achieved by pressing the pushbutton. Constant On is achieved by rotating the Tailcap fully clockwise. 2) Clicky Tailcap - Momentary activation is achieved by pressing the pushbutton lightly. Constant On is achieved by pressing the pushbutton firmly until it 'Clicks' (pressing firmly again will Click the Light off). 3) High/Low Tailcap - Activation is achieved exactly like the Clicky Tailcap described above in either the High or Low mode. High Output (235 Lumens) occurs when the Tailcap is rotated fully Clockwise (screwed all the way on). Low Output (~15 Lumens) occurs when the Tailcap is rotated Counter-Clockwise (unscrewed) anywhere from a few degrees to 1/4 rotation from the High position. 4) High/Strobe Tailcap - operation is just like the High/Low Tailcap only a high-frequency strobe replace the 'Low' mode. Unlike competitive designs, no multiple clicks, no confusing menus, no precise movements are required to change modes and there is no battery drain when the flashlight is not in use. See demonstration video below.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDJQp2qBvxU[/youtube]

Are Elzetta ZFL-M60 Tactical LED Flashlight components interchangeable? Yes, Bezels, Bodies, and Tailcaps may be changed/upgraded as desired. All components are available separately.

What is the advantage of a 3-Cell Model?
3-Cell models provide 50% longer runtime than 2-Cell models, operate at lower surface temperatures, and offer more area for grasping the light. 3-Cell models are therefore excellent for hand-held use.

From what material is the Elzetta ZFL-M60 Tactical LED Flashlight made? All exterior components of the Elzetta ZFL-M60 are made from Mil-Spec Type III Hard Anodized 6061-T6 Aluminum.

What are the weight and dimensions of the Elzetta ZFL-M60 Tactical LED Flashlight? Every Elzetta ZFL-M60 model has a body diameter of 0.99" (1-inch nominal). 2-Cell models with batteries weigh 5.3 oz (150 g) and measure 4.7" to 4.9" (120 mm to 125 mm) in length. 3-Cell models with batteries weigh 6.6 oz (187 g) and measure 6.0" to 6.2" (152 mm to 157 mm) in length.

When installing an Elzetta ZFL-M60 in an Elzetta Flashlight Mount (ZFH1500, ZORM, ZROC, or ZSM) are the Sizing Adapters needed? No, with its 1-inch body, the Elzetta ZFL-M60 fits all Elzetta Flashlight Mounts without the Sizing Adapters (Sizing Adapters are included with each Elzetta Flashlight Mount to accommodate flashlights with diameters less than 0.97 inches).

Is the Elzetta ZFL-M60 compatible with Surefire P60 light modules? No, the ZFL-M60 has been specifically designed and optimized exclusively for Malkoff Devices M60 LED modules. Units from Surefire or other manufacturers are not compatible. Use of other devices should not be attempted.

Why is there grease on the brass body of the Malkoff LED module in the Elzetta ZFL-M60? The ZFL-M60 has been designed to optimize electrical and thermal conduction with the Malkoff LED module. The grease enhances this conduction while inhibiting corrosion.

Why is there no cover lens on the Elzetta ZFL-M60? Unlike other lights, the ZFL-M60 does not have exposed electrical components or an open LED emitter which must be protected behind a cover lens. Sensitive components on the ZFL-M60 are contained within the Malkoff LED module. When the bezel, with its O-ring in place, is properly installed, a weather-tight seal is formed between the O-ring and the acrylic lens of the Malkoff LED module. This design eliminates the need for a separate cover lens and allows unimpeded light emission making the ZFL-M60 the brightest LED flashlight to use an M60 module.

Must the outer-body O-rings be used to mount the Elzetta ZFL-M60 in Elzetta Tactical Flashlight Holder Mounts? No, the outer-body O-rings, which are included with the ZFL-M60, provide additional retention strength when properly installed in Elzetta Tactical Flashlight Holders but they are not required.

Why does the Elzetta ZFL-M60 Tactical LED Flashlight get warm during extended operation?
The Malkoff LED module, with its extremely high output Cree LED, produces a significant amount of heat. The ZFL-M60 has been designed to efficiently conduct this heat into its aluminum body to extend the performance of the flashlight. Discontinue hand-held use if the temperature of the body becomes uncomfortably warm. (3-Cell models do not generally experience as much temperature increase as 2-Cell models.)

Are batteries included with the Elzetta ZFL-M60 Tactical LED Flashlight? Yes, each complete ZFL-M60 Tactical Light comes with a fresh set of USA Made 123A lithium batteries.

What is the runtime of the Elzetta ZFL-M60 Tactical LED Flashlight with a fresh set of batteries? 2-Cell models produce 235 lumens of light for 1.5 hours and then continue to produce useful light for approximately 6.5 hours (8 hours of practical runtime). 3-Cell models produce 235 lumens for 2.5 hours with extended usefulness for approximately 10 hours (12 hours of practical runtime). The 'Low' setting on High/Low Tailcaps produces 15 to 20 lumens for 40 and 60 hours on 2-Cell and 3-Cell models, respectively.

Will the Elzetta ZFL-M60 run on rechargeable RCR123 batteries?
2-Cell Models may be operated on RCR123 batteries, but 3-Cell Models should not use these batteries as the voltage may exceed the maximum limit of 9 Volts.

Is a Lanyard Ring available for the Elzetta ZFL-M60? Yes, a lanyard ring is available for the Elzetta ZFL-M60 Tactical Flashlights. It may be purchased on the Order Online page.

Where is the Elzetta ZFL-M60 made? All Elzetta products, including the ZFL-M60, are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA using American materials, tooling, and labor. God bless America!

http://www.elzetta.com/zsmFAQ.htm
What flashlights will work with Elzetta ZSM Tactical Shotgun Flashlight Mount? Every Elzetta ZSM comes with Sizing Adapters, giving the Flashlight Mount the ability to hold flashlights from 0.70 to 1.05 inches in diameter (18 to 27 mm). This includes flashlights from popular manufacturers such as InForce®, Streamlight®, Pelican®, Laser Devices®, SureFire®, and of course, the 235 Lumen Elzetta ZFL-M60. (Sizing Adapters are not required when using an Elzetta ZFL-M60 or other 1-inch Light.)

What advantage does the Quick-Release Thumb Screw offer? The Quick-Release Thumb Screw allows flashlights to be installed and removed rapidly and without tools. A coin or other flat object may be used to tighten the Thumb Screw. Thumb Screw Model shown below.
ZSM-T%202,%20web%20large.jpg

From what material is the ZSM Tactical Shotgun Flashlight Mount made? The Elzetta ZSM is made from the same advanced glass-filled polymer that has proven itself in the popular Elzetta ZFH1500 Flashlight Mount for AR15 rifles.

What are the advantages of this material? This glass-filled polymer provides outstanding durability, impact resistance, scratch resistance and light weight. It also withstands high temperatures, vibration, and most chemicals.

Will the Elzetta ZSM Tactical Shotgun Flashlight Mount work with my shotgun? The Elzetta ZSM will work with Remington 870, Remington 1100, Remington 1187, Mossberg 500, Mossberg 590, Mossberg 590A1, Mossberg 835, Mossberg 930 SPX, Benelli M1, Benelli M2, Benelli M4, Benelli Nova, Benelli Super Nova, Winchester Defender, and many other shotguns that have 1-3/4" (44 mm) of free space on the magazine tube and barrel.

What Gauge Shotguns will work with the Elzetta ZSM Tactical Shotgun Flashlight Mount?
The Elzetta ZSM is designed for 12-Gauge Shotguns and also comes with Gauge Adapters that allow the Elzetta ZSM to be used with 20-Gauge and .410 shotguns.

Will the Elzetta ZSM Tactical Shotgun Flashlight Mount attach to either side of the gun?
Yes, the Elzetta ZSM can be mounted to either side of the shotgun to accommodate left-handed or right- handed shooters.

Will the Elzetta ZSM Tactical Shotgun Flashlight Mount resist movement under recoil? Yes, the Elzetta ZSM has been tested extensively under harsh recoil. When installed correctly, the Elzetta ZSM will not move under recoil nor allow the flashlight to move. See the video demonstration below.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E66mUyymtjk[/youtube]

Is a Sling Swivel Accessory available for the Elzetta ZSM? Yes, Heavy-Duty Quick-Disconnect Sling Swivel Kits are available for use with the Elzetta ZSM Shotgun Flashlight Mount. Each kit provides an industry-standard QD Sling Swivel mounted in a low-profile position opposite the flashlight (see photo below). The kits are available in Limited Rotation (Swivel locks in vertical or horizontal position (Part Number ZSS8700L)) and Full Rotation (Swivel is free to rotate 360 degrees (Part Number ZSS8700F).

ZSS8700%202.JPG

Where is the Elzetta ZSM Tactical Shotgun Flashlight Mount made?
All Elzetta products, including the ZSM, are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA using American materials, tooling, and labor. God bless America!

ZFL-M60-SS2C Tactical Weapon Light with Standard Bezel and Clicky Tailcap
ZSM Tactical Flashlight Mount for Tactical Shotguns with 1-3/4" Free Space on Magazine Tube & Barrel
p206525762-4.jpg

p486145007-4.jpg

p464563131-4.jpg

p185996559-4.jpg

p367732022-4.jpg

p329896567-4.jpg

p272146731-4.jpg

p269780442-4.jpg

p62178699-4.jpg

p247513294-4.jpg

p183553794-4.jpg

p380174351-4.jpg

p11606233-4.jpg

p100631039-4.jpg

First Impression: SOLID; this little light feels like it could take anything you throw at it. Not only does this light feel solid but its fit and finish scream QUALITY. With its "Mil-Spec Type III Hard Anodizing" it almost seems as if the light is powdercoated. Before even testing this light I had a feeling that you could rely on this light to turn on every time you click the button. Of course I still had to prove that to myself!

Installation: The Elzetta zfl-m60 and mount install in seconds with the aide of nothing more than an allen key. It can be removed just as easily and if you order the additional thumb screw option you can remove the light without having to use an allen key which is a really nice feature. I do not have the thumb screw option yet but I will certainly be ordering one.

Use: BRIGHT; this light puts out a claimed 235 lumens but I swear they underrated it. The Malkoff's m60 is without a doubt blinding when mounted at the end of your shotgun! The Elzetta zfl-m60 puts my D-cell maglite to shame when it comes to lighting up an area. Its amazing how bright such a small light can be. The Elzetta zfl-m60 now is permanently fixed to my Mossberg 500 and has performed flawlessly after throwing lots of lead down range. The only thing I must warn owners about is that please make sure you measure your shotgun to ensure that you have enough space to fit this mount. I was unfortunately unable to use my Hogue forend but most of the other available forends worked just fine. It would be nice to have the option of a remote activation setup but you certainly can operate this light just fine without one. Additionally I like that it follows the KISS (keep it stupid simple) mentality which I try to stay true to; there is no belt clip or even lanyard attachment but there should not be as its designed to be a tactical weapon mounted light! So if you are looking for a bright, compact, AMERICAN made, light to mount on your shotgun that could also be used separately look no further!

Review updated! Anyone looking for a tactical weapon light look no further!

Thats flippin bright!!! and I like it! What do these go for Dan?

Rossignol said:
Thats flippin bright!!! and I like it! What do these go for Dan?
Its about 200 for the combination but the ability to remove the light and use it separately for me is worth the price difference over a TLR-1s setup. Plus this is a ton brighter than other dedicated weapon lights. Keep in mind brighter isn't always better.

DHonovich said:
I know some will say even adding a light to a shotgun breaks from this mentality...

Dang, I'm way off the KISS rule then! :lol:

Thread from the dead, I know.

D~Hon, I really appreciated the photos in your review, as well as your thoughts on the light and mount. I thought I would pony up and buy an Elzetta light and shotgun mount for my work gun (M500) cuz it's so important to me. But alas, I am not where I can spring over $250 for the combo. All those family obligations on a cops pay. Go figure... :)

Anyone know where I might find some less expensive alternative that's a solid American made light and mount?

Well, no, I haven't. I assumed they are only available direct from the manufacturer which means usually paying their MSRP. Kinda discouraging.

DHonovich said:
Have you given them a call yet?

Hey, Dan.

Thanks for poking me to get off my butt. :lol:

I just talked with them and with a 10% discount for the light and mount I'm looking at $188 + s/h so around $200 bones.

With an 18-y-o son about to graduate high school and some graduation gifts for him I can see this (although not in my near-term future, but) maybe somewhere down the road for me.

Great thread you started there, Boss!

Back