• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Feinstein Assault Weapons Ban

kliph

.22LR
I looked but didn't see anything about Feinstein banning the 715T on this forum.
If I missed it, sorry.
Also I didn't see it on her banned list or her good list. It may come under her AR ban.
How do we look with NY Governor Cuomo's ban?

Kliph

Fiensteins ban has just got out of committee, so it isn't in effect at this time.

BUT, if it passes, it does list certain FEATURES like a grip, detachable magazine, flash hiders, compensators, threaded barrels, magazines over 10 rounds, semi-automatic, etc.

Which the 715T does utilize.

So, if it isn't specifically listed in the exempt firearms, fully expect it to be not exempt.

That's just how they roll.

kyhellbilly said:
It wont make it out of the Senate and no chance in the house...

So this will never happen? or is it just a matter of time?

I want to get a couple more .22s like the 715 that has all these scary "assault" type features that i want to get.

GSG makes this AK-47 clone like .22 that i want to get and i think it comes with 2-25 or 30 round mags.

To say that this bill would never pass in unfortunately not true. It happened in 1994 and it was a miracle it did at the time. I highly doubt it would pass a second time. At least I hope it doesn't. I feel for the family's who are victim to horrible acts but they (media and political figures) need to stop using them as ammunition to attack our constitutional right to own specific firearms based on their appearance or attachment. A gun holding less ammunition no muzzle brake or pistol grip is just as deadly as one of the same caliber. Take my 25 round mags away and I can compromise. Yeah buy buying even more 10 round magazines. Sorry to unload here but I'm tired of all the bs of the government telling me what classifies as a legal weapon. The pics below sum it up for me lol.

Assault_Musket.jpg

gun-control-racist-battaile-politics-1353198376.jpg

Last time the NRA didn't put up any resistance, this time it shouldn't get through. I really wish people these days would stand and fight for our rights like they did in the past. I know alot are but there is much more we can be doing. Btw feinstein sounds rediculous when she opens her mouth, i can't wait to see her bill fail.

It wont make it out of this House and its unlikely to make it out of this Senate.. We have to be alert tho.. 2014 elections will be a test because it will be a main issue.. Ive never been really involved in politics untill now.. Ive emailed more elected officials in the past 3 months than the last 20yrs..

Some of us fools are still in NY State. Don't ask why. :(
But is my 715T banned or going to be banned?
If Chairman Cuomo had his way it would be gone already.

Thanks Kliph

Correct me if I am wrong but a friend told me it did pass the senate. I know it will not make it out of the house.

cbshooter said:
Correct me if I am wrong but a friend told me it did pass the senate. I know it will not make it out of the house.

Nope. It was passed out of the Senate Judiciary Committee as expected, but hasn't gone to the full Senate yet. http://www.nraila.org/legislation/feder ... -bans.aspx . It may or may not come up for a full vote. That's up to Harry Reid, who's been waffling on it since he knows it's a dicey proposition to pass in the Senate. He'll be trying to work a deal.

Make no mistake about it, it's not over yet.

By taking some of the worst part of the bill out so they can get more yes votes on the remaining parts of the bill, and then putting in the rest as an amendment after the fact, is basically the same thing as borrowing 25 bucks from your neighbor, and later that evening using the money to take his wife out after he goes to work.

Since it has gotten out of committee, it WILL be tacked on to something this year.

Whether it is a gun bill, or a bill to fund the research of manatee's in Idaho, but by them doing this, shows that it is not over by a long shot.

Only that they're splitting it up to get everything they want.

I suspect that it will be attached to a rather large bill that not everyone is going to read just moments before a vote, OR, it will be added to a bill that everyone wants. Probably budget or immigration.

Or as a poison pill amendment that they can make out Republicans out to be the bad guys even though they wanted to vote for the bill without the amendment.

That's why I think it will be tacked onto a budget or immigration bill so they can twist the truth to make them look like bad guys.

The bitch is crooked as a barrel of fish hooks.

John A. said:
Make no mistake about it, it's not over yet.

By taking some of the worst part of the bill out so they can get more yes votes on the remaining parts of the bill, and then putting in the rest as an amendment after the fact, is basically the same thing as borrowing 25 bucks from your neighbor, and later that evening using the money to take his wife out after he goes to work.

Since it has gotten out of committee, it WILL be tacked on to something this year.

Whether it is a gun bill, or a bill to fund the research of manatee's in Idaho, but by them doing this, shows that it is not over by a long shot.

Only that they're splitting it up to get everything they want.

I suspect that it will be attached to a rather large bill that not everyone is going to read just moments before a vote, OR, it will be added to a bill that everyone wants. Probably budget or immigration.

Or as a poison pill amendment that they can make out Republicans out to be the bad guys even though they wanted to vote for the bill without the amendment.

That's why I think it will be tacked onto a budget or immigration bill so they can twist the truth to make them look like bad guys.

The bitch is crooked as a barrel of fish hooks.

Love your flag John A. You got it right. Believe me, this is the way it will happen. BTW, I'm 'not California' also. :twisted: :twisted:

Back