• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fiocchi 3G + JM Ammo

Has anyone used this ammo? 12 ga., 2 3/4", 1 1/8 oz., 1200 fps, 7.5 shot, chilled shot (whatever that is). I tried it today and it was awful. Ran 16 rnds with at least half of them FTEs. I've used Fiocchi target loads before with no problems. Ran 25 rnds of Remington target loads last week with no problems. Gun has been running well lately with Remington, Federal, and Estate target loads.

I ran 8 rounds of Fiocchi 1165 fps, 12SD18L through mine...smooth as silk. The rest of my Fiocchi ammo was Super White Rino...I think 1250 fps...also ran seamlessly.

I think I can buy the identical ammunition you describe in your original post at one of my local dealers. Went this morning to do just that, and the place was crawling with "POLICE" printed on vests. Blood trail out the shattered front door. Two blocks away had more POLICE with little yellow marker "tents" on the ground. Adjacent dumpster being searched. Think I saw them picking up casings, but was hard to tell what they were using a dowel to pick up.

Thinking I didn't need to go in at that particular time...especially since I was open carrying a 1911...lol.

I think I can buy the identical ammunition you describe in your original post at one of my local dealers. Went this morning to do just that, and the place was crawling with "POLICE" printed on vests. Blood trail out the shattered front door. Two blocks away had more POLICE with little yellow marker "tents" on the ground. Adjacent dumpster being searched. Think I saw them picking up casings, but was hard to tell what they were using a dowel to pick up.

Thinking I didn't need to go in at that particular time...especially since I was open carrying a 1911...lol.
I applaud your decision making abilities!

I should add that I have a 930 SPX. The gun has been running great until I tried putting this stuff through.

And there is your problem. The fact that you fired it out of a 930 SPX. That gun needs full power loads unless you are going to do some mods to the gun. It's the short barrel, doesn't give enough time for the gas to work the system with some lower power loads. 24"s barrels are the sweet spot for this gun.

I ran the same ammo through my 24" 930 JM Pro last weekend without any issues. I'm about to buy some more. I traded with a guy running a Benelli M2. His gun wouldn't cycle it either. His gun ran my full power slugs just fine.

And there is your problem. The fact that you fired it out of a 930 SPX. That gun needs full power loads unless you are going to do some mods to the gun. It's the short barrel, doesn't give enough time for the gas to work the system with some lower power loads. 24"s barrels are the sweet spot for this gun.

I ran the same ammo through my 24" 930 JM Pro last weekend without any issues. I'm about to buy some more. I traded with a guy running a Benelli M2. His gun wouldn't cycle it either. His gun ran my full power slugs just fine.
I kind of suspected that was the case. I thought 1200 fps would be ok. I also noticed that the brass above the rim is only about half as long as my 00 loads. The spent shells seemed to jam in the chamber. Now I need to find somebody that will trade me for something that will work.

Back