• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gettin' started!

Yeah, if I'm already taking time to set up the trimmer... might as well do'm all. From what I've read, by the time I'd get around having to trim again, I'm probably close to the end of the brass' life span... but who knows.

Pretty much true my brother!

I actually just ordered 4895, Winchester primers and some hornady 155gr Amax bullets.

I'm taking oli's advice and getting a reloading kit started up.

I hear 4064 and varget are better powders.
Where did you hear this

FYI - prvi partizan and seller & bellot sell a commercial M2 ball round that's better than the cmp hxp and not far off in price. They make them in batches so you should see prvi loads on the shelf soon.

I have shot loaded factory ammo PRVI .308 168s that excel in accuracy. Good advice WM.

Winchester LR primers are excellent. They are about all I use now.

I've read a lot of people who use 4064 and varget for reloading had much better accuracy than 4895.

Just my reviews on CMP forums.

In a particular firearm with a particular bullet a particular primer and a particular case this is very true. But I have found that there is almost no blanket statement such as, "this is the best powder" that applies. Some powders lend themselves to better accuracy in a particular firearm due to there burn rate, volume or ignition consistency with a certain primer. I do not dispute that 4064 and/or Varget is giving some people incredible accuracy, but I have never in my 35 years of reloading seen any powder universally proven to be better that any other in every firearm. It is always a matter of experimentation with case capacity, bullet configuration, primer choice, bullet alignment, neck tension and seating depth. It is no different than saying a particular firearm is the most accurate. I don't dispute the wonderful accuracy that has been achieved with 4064 or Varget. I use a lot of 4064 personally. But the one thing etched in stone in regards to reloading is that nothing is etched in stone.

Back