• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Getting into the finishing business.

Sn3aKyGuY

.30-06
So I thought I'd give you all a heads up that I'm getting into the finishing business. As of this moment I am NOT an FFL holder, so I can not legally receive firearms. By definition, a firearm is any piece of a gun that contains a registered serial number. I can, however, receive parts (non-serialized, so no Glock frames or AR lowers/FAL uppers) for DuraCoating or parkerizing (and maybe bluing later, depending on space). I'm currently working on getting my Type 01 FFL (Dealer/Gunsmith) so that I can receive these parts though. Until then, I will be doing pretty much anything else I legally can. Now, firearms are not the only thing that can be DuraCoated. I'll be using the spray type, so pretty much any item you wanted coated I can do. Knives, bows, paintball guns, airsoft guns, scopes/sights, hard cases, laptops, etc etc.

Same with parkerizing, firearms are not the only items that can benefit from this process. Knives, multi-tools, screws/bolts/nuts, anything steel really. Stainless steel items are not something I'm willing or capable of working with at this point as far as parkerizing goes, so keep that in mind. You really wouldn't want to parkerize stainless steel anyways, as it has it's own protection barrier.

Again, this is just a heads up. I can take on smaller DuraCoat projects at the moment, but I'm still setting up a booth for larger projects (like bikes, tool carts, things of that size). As far as parkerizing, I am currently having a custom tank and heat system built for me so I won't be taking any of these jobs until that gets completed. Once everything is rolling 100% I'll be sure to let everyone know. And of course, MO.com members and their referrals will get special pricing. :D

Sweet, I wish ya the best and I'll be watchin for when youre runnin!

always wanted to do this to my 930 what do you think it would cost if I brought my shotgun to you?
PM me if yhou would be interested

digital urban camo

Back