• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

GG&G Enlarged Bolt Release Pad

Get this one instead. Requires no modification to the gun. The 930 has a hardened carrier latch that has to be heat treated before and after drilling and tapping. This can cause it to become weak and break. I had mine break during a match. The OR3GUN version requires no drilling or tapping. Much better design

http://or3gun.com/OR3GUN/about_or3gun_release.htm

How about OR3GUN put a finish on that part? Would that kill them? Smooth finish? No knurling, no texture or anything. How is that an upgrade?

It's bigger, which is what you want. Texture or knurling will eat up your hands if you catch it when you are clearing a malfunction. I took one off because the texture tore up my hands and switched to the Nordic version before the carrier latch on mine broke.

Tuflehundon has the right idea. You can't feed a shotgun very quickly with gloves on partly because lifters like to eat them. Quick reloading is the name of the game in 3-Gun. Without gloves, a lot of the point of aggressively texturing firearm parts goes out the window and instead becomes a reason to carry bandages with you.

Our Enhanced Bolt Release was designed to address the bigger (or smaller) issues with the factory part. The OEM release has a lot of tilt play that requires a flat, measured press to get the bolt to reliably release. The small OEM release gets missed easily in competition, so we doubled the size and our skirted design prevents the button from simply tilting and not releasing the bolt. Other releases have used extended sections to accomplish the same thing, but they still require drilling and tapping the factory shell stop.

As to texturing, since the part is polished 6061 it can be textured or even further polished by the end user far easier than drilling and tapping for something else. We've done a couple for local guns. Here's how:

EBR-Texture-308-Case.jpg

Coincidentally, the inside diameter of our EBR slips perfectly over a fired .308 (or 300 BLK) case mouth. The set screw allows it to stay put. This is handy for securing the EBR for traditional checkering, chucking into a drill press for further polishing or holding onto for easily adding a texture on your own.

EBR-Texture-Mouse.jpg

A Black & Decker Mouse (or similar vibratory sander) used while quickly running the face of the EBR in a figure-8 pattern with 80-120 grit paper results in a moderately aggressive texture that looks a lot like bead-blasting (top version in picture below).

EBR-Texture-Comparison.jpg

Here's a close-up of it.

EBR-Texture-Zoom.jpg

The texture would appear even more random if you combined the Mouse with the EBR chucked into a drill press. You could also round the edge with a few passes of a flat file while it was on the drill press.

This is one of the reasons we eventually end up with different variations of our parts. Not everyone has the same needs. Luckily, this version can be easily textured in raw form.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

We have now made a version of the EBR anodized in black to match the receiver:

Release-PitchBlack-Installed.jpg

The anodized version is a slight bit grippier as the part is only de-burred, not polished before anodizing. So far, no complaints from users about either part not having any more texture beyond the four tapered holes. We will also be making it available in a combo package of Marine Blue parts within the next month or so. Personally, I want one in red for the Mossy Oak 935.

"Now a real killer, when he picked up the ZF-1, would've immediately asked about the little red button on the bottom of the gun."

William

Back