• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

GG&G Side sling adapter

Ripcode

I received my GG&G side sling adapter today.

Couple of issues.

It is really thick and if installed, it leaves a big gap behind the trigger guard. Functionally this is probably not an issue, but does not look good. (I can add a picture later if needed).

The instructions say to use the factory stock bolt. However, if I do it will only maybe get a couple of turns of the screw into the receiver. It looks like I would need a longer bolt.

Anyone use one of these?

I can't say I am too happy with this piece. :|

Moss-590-SPSA-Rect.jpg

I had not seen one of these side sling adapters used in person but I appreciate your honest feedback on this item.

I'm pretty sure m24 has used these on the 930. My preference based on looks alone is for the MidWest Industries endplate sling adapter, though i admit I have no personal experience with them. I havent heard before the points you raise regarding either maker, but for the thickness of the plate. It does increase LOP, and as I recall NutNFancy covered this on the "Combat Shotgun Shootout" vid. I think he actually cut the stock down somewhat.

If I were going to add one of these, I'd be getting a Hogue 12" LOP stock too.

We may move this to "Product Reviews".

Rossignol said:
My preference based on looks alone is for the MidWest Industries endplate sling adapter, though i admit I have no personal experience with them.

The MI side sling adapter does not look much different. So I can't tell if it would work better or not.

mct590.gif

My bad, I intended to mention the HK style loop. Other than that, no they dont look any different.

I actually have the MI HK loop on my 590A1. I have not run one of the SPX rear mounts. I use a Gear Sector FSA on the stock of my 930.
The MI unit is pretty thick as well, but I was still able to get good thread engagement with the Speedfeed mag stock screw.

miplatehkhook.jpg

safety.jpg

The MI does leave the gap behind the FCG as described.
I do use the GG&G front sling mount. I like it a lot, and it works well.

gggslingplate2.jpg

Dan, It looks great, especially with the speed feed stock!

Back