• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning everyone. Cloudy and 60 with very light rain. It's the last remnants of an area of showers and thunderstorms that moved through overnight. Today will be interesting, at least later. We should be almost 70 by 3 pm then get windy, very windy. By tomorrow morning we could be in the high 20s to low 30s.

Cadd, fortunately the tank didn't burst . What a mess that would have been.

Rip, glad you had some good time with the grandson.

Fellman, nothing better than a coke in a glass bottle.

To the rest of yous, happy Easter morning.

Stay safe my friends.

Happy Easter Morning, folks. Here in the center of California, we hope and pray for a healthy future. It's going to be nice and sunny today, and (hallelujah) the roofer showed up to fix my leak yesterday.

Back in 1970, we used to say, "It's the War..." as an explanation to any shortage, displacement, or unwelcome situation arising from unclear events. We'd simply blame it in that vague manner, and go about our way.

Now we are saying, "It's the virus..." in those same situations. Still no shed? Now I can blame Covid.

Contractors want my business, but getting 3 guys to deliver and assemble a knock-down steel shed is somehow going to be a cosmic occultation of unknowable timing. One day I will arise to find a truck full of metal on my drive. But clearly not soon. Maybe in May. Or it may be a month of Sundays.

Also, the electrician and roofer won't be ready either.

Clearly, no welding will be done here. But (thank God) we've been blessed with a good rainfall, and healthy crops here in USA's largest AG valley. There will be food on the table for 40 million Californians, 11 million non-citizens who pick it, and millions of others around the world.

While there is still water on the slab under my car, I can't use power tools, and I'm going to observe a day of rest.

Well, being retired and old, I rest 6 of 7 days now. Halleleujah!

Good morning everyone. It's a nice Monday morning here. After cloudy skies and a fair amount of rain over the weekend we now have clear skies and 37 degrees.

Week 4 of the stay at home routine. Might have to venture out to pick up some beans this week. Who knows how long this might last...

Anyways, have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning everyone. It's a nice Monday morning here. After cloudy skies and a fair amount of rain over the weekend we now have clear skies and 37 degrees.

Week 4 of the stay at home routine. Might have to venture out to pick up some beans this week. Who knows how long this might last...

Anyways, have a great day and stay safe.

I tried beans early on in this fiasco. Now the dog doesn't want to be around me. The neighbors have signs on their doors and most of the outdoor wildlife stay many yards away. I thought I could get by without a mask and discovered i shot myself in the foot. If you know what I mean.

I hope you all had a peaceful Easter.

Here the relief efforts for the homeless and ill continue, with 300 new beds added locally this week.
Our virus deaths locally have been mercifully few. 5 in 1 million.
That means they will certainly continue to climb, but I think slowly.

We have a lot of homes here for the elderly, due to the climate and cost of land.

Evidently we have some of the best, because the cases I expected are not being reported.
But one screw up at the wrong point could be really bad.

Sadly, I see folks in the bible belt got bashed with bad storms and 13 tornados, and their sadness is much worse than I can imagine.

Saturday, the car I bought in so Carolina was on a trailer in Georgia, getting pummeled by storms, as the driver waited for a pickup for Frisco that he said will likely be canceled.
There were 13 tornadoes between his location and mine! OMG!

If he hadn't had a layover & cancelation due to the virus, and if he had thus picked up my car on schedule, and then, if the dealer in Georgia hadn't closed early for Good Friday, he might be in bits by the side of a Mississippi freeway.

My biggest concern was that I wouldn't get to enjoy all the money I've made, before I cough up a lung and croak
What I should worry about is that my incredible good luck will run out.

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone is well this morning.

The storms over the weekend were wicked bad. As if those folks don't have enough to worry about already. I hope they can get the assistance needed quickly. The good thing is that part of the country has many good folks with good character and intestinal fortitude. They aren't the kind to sit around and wait for someone to come in and pick up the pieces.

Scoop, John, and Dj, hope you guys missed the carnage as well as anyone else in that area I might be missing.

These are strange and unpredictable times and Mother Nature is not aware of our problems, nor does she care. It's up to us to fend for ourselves.

That being said, you all be safe and take care today.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Today is looking pretty nice here in the Sunny San Joaquin.
Certainly motorcycle weather, but I'll probably not go.
I'm still working on a desk, slowly, and dealing with life's issues.

Good morning. Clear skies and 35 degrees with only a very slight wind. Later we should have a high near 60. Shaping up to be a nice day.

Be safe.

Today is sunny and warm already.
I spent yesterday screwing around with aquariums and dealing with the folks that built my 75 gal.
I will bring in the new desk today, but I'll have to disassemble and re-assemble my main PC system, router, modem, speakers, UPS, turntable and laptop, plus all the junk from my existing desk.

My shooting buddies are calling in anguish. Fishing buddy injured knee, and can't hike. Lakes closed to boats.
I'm ready for some boating. It's perfect weather. Foooo....

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. Mostly sunny and 40 this morning.

I have been tending to a few things around the house and yard. Removed wallpaper and repainted a bathroom. Tore out some old rose bushes, and some other yard work. I still have a few things to do, but there is no hurry.

We tend to stay at home a lot anyways. We went to the lake once before this virus became a big deal. Now we are just treading water, no pun intended.

I sympathize with those that are younger that had jobs to go to and a more active social life as this has literally turned their world upside down. The uncertainty in so many lives is terrible.

Enough of the bad, have a great day and be safe.

It is shaping up to be another beautiful day in the Sunny San Joaquin Valley.

@meanstreak
Some folks will sit around and moan and some folks will still work like you and I. I do feel sorry for a lot of young people who will see this as an insurmountable roadblock in their life.

But we are only asking them to stay home from work or school, use caution in their daily lives, postpone whatever is unnecessary, and to avoid spreading infection.

We could be marching them off to South America to war with the fascists. They could be going to Iran in shiny new BDUs Carrying a hated black Assault rifle!

But right now the worst enemy they must deal with is the American press. When generations have been brought up as the step children of the mass media, will they be able to see it in perspective to the world situation?

Or will these folks play the constant game of blaming and pointing fingers as they credit their own suffering to other people and rely on the same for their successes?

Clearly there are young folks in society going in both directions.

Well I decided to put more varnish on my desk and it is still clogging up the garage but perhaps today I will get it in doors for the first time.

You folks have a great day and get outdoors if you can!

Good morning everyone. Cloudy and 47, it is misty outside as well. This afternoon we should be in the mid 50s.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good Morning guys.
Yesterday hit 88F, but today is overcast and expected to hit 70's.

Still sanding and varnishing. I'm too picky. It's all just gonna get scratched.
I'm trying to register the SS100 online, and so far it looks promising.

I got my state tax refund and my SS (the Social security...the SS car is to arrive tomorrow . . .) so now I have to go shopping.

I keep thinking that people are way too sure of things that frighten them.
So many times we've heard it...

Man will never fly.
The average guy will never own a car.
Speeds over 30 mph will never be safe.
Nobody is going to want a home computer!

And now, that its a new world, and we all suffer, too bad.

What utter nonsense. Some will suffer and most others will prosper.
Most will prosper. "They" always want to leave that bit off.

We learn things, and life changes. Look at what we've learned thru history, and know that all these gloomy predictions rely on a world that doesn't improve in some unknowable way.
Yet this has always happened throughout history. We humans drive things on for our betterment.

Why would it stop just because of this crisis or that shortage?

I guarantee you scientists around the world are working on better lives for everyone.
In a time of increasing hoplessness, there has never been more hope for us all.

Back