• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good question?

I just wondered why Mossberg did not use the Nickel Boron parts on the 930SPX as they did on the JM pro. Does anybody know what parts are interchangeable between the two, I would really like the nickel coated stuff on my SPX, I thought the SPX cost more than the Pro, does the mag tube fit the SPX , what is the cost ECT. SPX is a TAC shotgun and would think it would rate the better parts, just a thought, TX Matt

The SPX came well before the JM Pro, so most of the JM Pro upgrades likely won't find their way to the SPX unless they call it something new.

The good news is that it is fairly easy to change the two primary parts that are upgraded. The magazine tube and piston are available as separate parts from Mossberg Customer Service.

Here are the part numbers:

5861BN MAGTUBE 930/935, BORON-NITRIDE

16801BN GAS PISTON ASM M935/930 BN

We have noticed that Mossberg has all but eliminated the older forearm from their product line and even the SPX and Field guns now feature the JM Pro forearm on all current guns. The trigger group changes (with overtravel stop) are minor improvements that you won't miss on a tactical gun.

Some day we would love to see a 930 SPX Mariner model with the full treatment. In the meantime, the Boron Nitride internals and a good finish job to the barrel is as close as it gets.

Thanks!

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

Thanks William and I might buy those parts someday for my spx I think a coated mag tube would be very smart as it takes lots of abuse with hot gas ect..

Back