• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Grip for 88 Forend

Uteman25

So I know for the most part you cannot get aftermarket forend's for the Mav 88 without changing out the tube assembly, however does anyone make like a grip that slips over the stock forend? Just looking for something to give it a little extra grip without coming up with something homemade lol. It seems the forends on the Mav's and 500's vary, so this is mine:

shotgun.jpg

If you don't mind being a little destructive you can stipple it yourself to add some extra grip.

I did the frame of my Glock a while back and love it My pics are here

I'm not familiar with any type of slip on cover, but I've never looked specifically for one.

MikeD said:
If you don't mind being a little destructive you can stipple it yourself to add some extra grip.

I did the frame of my Glock a while back and love it My pics are here

I'm not familiar with any type of slip on cover, but I've never looked specifically for one.

That looks pretty sweet. What exactly is "stippling", other than wiki's def: "Stippling is the creation of a pattern simulating varying degrees of solidity or shading by using small dots. Such a pattern may occur in nature and these effects are frequently emulated by artists."? :D Is that skateboard grip or something?

I guess you could use grip tape, I stand corrected in my statement. I've used it on handgund but not on shotguns.

In my case I used a wood burning iron to actually melt the grip into that pattern. In doing this you can make it as textured or smooth as you want and control the pattern of the texture. It is however somewhat permanant (you can redo and adjust it but you can't go back to where you started) and may possibly void your warranty (in my case I stippled the actual frame, not just a replacable part, but I knoew the risk before I decided to do it))

In your case the most you would be out would be a replacement forend. But that is a call you would have to make yourself.

I would like more of a "softer" rubber grip type modification. Anybody else have any DIY mods they have put on their Forend? Thanks!

Tom396 said:
How about this?

http://store.a51tactical.com/index.php? ... s_id=49782

A replacement Maverick Forend with rails! :) Kinda pricey though. :| Take care. Tom Worthington.

I like that, thanks Tom! Found one one eBay as well for $43 shipped: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maverick-88-Mos ... vi-content

I would still prefer however to have something a little more rubber grip like. Wasn't really planning on adding on any tactical accessories on the forend anytime soon, but would def consider the AIM product if I do. It's a shame that there's not much aftermarket support for the 88's as far as Forend's go :( It's just two little metal rods that would need to incorporate into the part to make them Mav friendly.

What two parts, The action slide arms?
I'm not familliar with the slight changes between the Maverick 88 and the Mossberg 500.
BTW, You have yours plenty locked up, I must say :)
Best of luck

VitSports6 said:
What two parts, The action slide arms?
I'm not familliar with the slight changes between the Maverick 88 and the Mossberg 500.
BTW, You have yours plenty locked up, I must say :)
Best of luck

Yes the arms. O I was just testing out that trigger lock. I only keep the BreechVault on it, a breeze taking it off quickly if needed, even in the dark (practiced ;) ).

Back