1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Gun cases for shockwave

Discussion in 'Mossberg 590 Shockwave' started by Ron1031, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Ron1031

Ron1031 .22LR

FB_IMG_1543105225127.jpg FB_IMG_1543105213459.jpg Had to make my own, gutted the case carved some foam and covered it. It worked out good , i think. Its cut to shape and snug, holds the shockwave great,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  2. Ron1031

Ron1031 .22LR

Also have a bulldot green laser on it, some people have said they dont like the bulldot laser, the dot gets bigger on target so ie at 30yds its like a 5 inch spot on target,so the dot expands just like the pattern of shot..works for what i wanted i can see it in sunlight at 20 yrds, low light ever better.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Joe Gilbert likes this.
  3. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Long as you're happy with the laser, that's all that matters.

You did a good job on the case. Very nice indeed.
    Ron1031 likes this.
  4. Susie

Susie .22LR

I love the custom case you made! Very nice!
    John A. likes this.
  5. Kalashnikitty590

Kalashnikitty590 .22LR

I love that case Ron1031, thanks for sharing it with us.
  6. ricky_bobby

ricky_bobby .22LR

That case is amazing! Mind sharing your writeup and process?
  7. Ron1031

Ron1031 .22LR

Well its a 4/4 violin case, gutted all the inside so it was a shell of a case, then got 1 inch pink rigid foam board from home depot, for the lid a 2 1/2 for the bottom where the firearm goes, traced the top and bottom and cut out with an electric carving knife, and wrapped the top 1 in piece in black velvet material and use 3m spay to glue it to 1 inch foam, and than use gorilla glue to gluebit to the inner lid, the 2 1/2 piece i layed the shockwave on it centered and traced it, used a dremel the carve it out, then 3m spay the foam and wrap it with the black velvet, i made the carve out in the grip bigger so you can get your hand around the grip to remove the shockwave , crave it out slowly so you get a got tight fit, then glues the base piece in i rolled the velvet material into like a rope and glues around the edges where the foam and caes come together to fill in any gaps giving it a full fit and looks great.
  8. Ron1031

Ron1031 .22LR

Later on i drilled holes in the foam to hold shells,
  9. Ron1031

Ron1031 .22LR

Didn't want to use tape. So i did this,, no slip grip,, just use a fine tipped wood burning pen, also did foregrip, doesnt show so much on the foregrip, but both now now slip grip.. worked great.

Attached Files:

10. ricky_bobby

ricky_bobby .22LR

Thanks for the writeup it looks fantastic! Very creative and looks and does the part perfectly!