• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun sales soar. Gee, ya think?

Here you go my friend. I had a good experience here although the wait was 11 business days and the advertise 3 to 7 business days. They are very busy and one of the ways to get the cash discount price is to use the Echeck option. This added a couple days to the process, but you seem like a patient man.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... kStainless

Thanks! That's the one. I'm thinking that if my shop owner can't simply order me one, I might be able to get him to do a transfer for me (for a fee, of course). Take care. Tom Worthington.

Tom, when you make your order one of the options is listing your FFL dealer. Buds offers a search based on your zip code that already will have a list of active FFL holders near you and some that Buds call “preferred” you don’t even have to contact and ask if they will do the transfer, it’s all automatic and the FFL holder just calls you and tell you when it arrives. But you can also pick from the list of others you just have to contact them and ask to do the transfer. Buds also lists the current fee for the preferred FFL holders.....expect 25 to 40 bucks for the transfer, shipping is free.

Yup, I've ordered from Buds a couple times before and they're great. Just ordered a 930 Tactical from them on the 14th. Hasn't shipped yet, but like oli said they've been really busy. My LGS is a preferred FFL, so the transfer is a piece of cake...

My 930 just left Bud's warehouse earlier today.

It took one phone call to get in touch with a CS rep last Friday to inquire about the delay on my order. After a three minute conversation my order was bumped up to the front of the steadily growing shipping queue. Got a shipping confirmation and tracking number this morning and they sent my order out 2nd Day Air.

Bud's shipping may be a little slow right now, but they still know how to treat a customer...

I've only dealt with Bud's one time and wasn't happy at all. Part of it was my fault, I used my own FFL dealer, not one of their preferred cuz I was saving a few bucks and mine was closer but that probably had something to do with the over 3 weeks I waited for my firearm. I wasn't at all happy with their customer service department either, they didn't respond at all to multiple emails and I couldn't get a human on the phone at all. Their prices are great and all but I'd rather pay a little more someplace else if they'll actually answer me when I ask them what is going on with my order...

Sounds about right, no humans and no email until the order was over 7 days old. I could find better prices but where they had me is that no one else had the pistol I was looking for and it was a fluke that it came up on their site. I think someone backed out of a layaway and I got lucky.

It seems like ammo was more of a problem last election - that's my seat of the pants. I called before I went anywhere to buy and more than once it was gone before I got there. I spent a lot of time looking. Were guns this unavailable and inflated last time around?? I just got a decent price on an AR15 by the skin of my teeth. I was planning to buy a pistol carbine but that may be on hold for a while unless realistic prices appear. I still have good reserves of my older caliber ammo but 223 / 5.56 is a new addition for me and I'm having trouble getting ahead on stock as I'm still refining the gun and shooting it more than anything else in the house.

Who here has ever had a retail weapon they were watching go down in price? Not a sale but a true price drop. I haven’t, in fact they go up and never return whenever I pay attention, and there is always someone out there with more money than since that will pay the over MSRP so retailers get away with it.

The only thing I have noticed is more propaganda, and more people freaking out because last election they turned into insta-gun owner and now this election they are insta-gun activist.....might get their hobby taken away you know.

Smith and Wesson is now suspending new orders until May, also:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2012/03/24/the-weeks-top-stock-gainers.aspx

Who is gonna be next? I know the stock value on these gun manufacturers is going through the roof. Time to buy gun stocks too?

My dealer pointing this out to me when I was looking for the S&W Sigma 40. He's been having trouble getting them too. We discussed a transfer from Bud's, he'd done them before and would charge me $25 for the transfer. The wife was with me and we bought a S&W M&P 40 instead. I guess I'm actually glad he didn't have the Sigma. ;) She loves it and she's already happy shooting it. He took a 6" Taurus .357 Tracker in recently, and I'm gonna pick it up for myself next week. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Unless I'm missing something they are just commenting about Sturm, Ruger suspending taking new orders until May and S&W's surge in business that was a result. I don't see anything there about S&W suspending new orders too.

kwizzer said:
Unless I'm missing something they are just commenting about Sturm, Ruger suspending taking new orders until May and S&W's surge in business that was a result. I don't see anything there about S&W suspending new orders too.

Yep. I misread it. My dealer said only his S&W standing orders were being filled, he couldn't place a special order with them. He could be small enough that he's at the very bottom of the food chain though. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Back