• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun show scores yesterday.....

TravisM.1

.270 WIN
Went to a gun show at a local fire company yesterday with my son. Didn't see much in the way of guns that caught my eye, but did pick up a couple things.
9d0ab15e09e0073f5ff02ffe428c2cb8.jpg

The knife is an Imperial Ireland "Kamp King". It's not a super high end knife. The steel is decent and takes an edge. It's a four blade model, with a main spear point blade and a can opener on one end, and a cap lifter/screwdriver, an awl, and a bail loop on the other end.
Going by the shield on the scales and the blade stamping, it's a mid 70s vintage knife, so it's a couple years older than I am, which is awesome because I bought it to replace one that I had as kid and lost, in the bottom of a creek or up on the mountain somewhere no doubt.

The book is titled "gun talk", and is a compilation of articles written by several gun writers. I haven't researched the book, but I'd say it's probably early-mid 70s also.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I like looking at how things have changed over the years.

Even being a printed book, versus an internet forum or blog these days.

I like that Kamp King. I still have my few...

@JohnA., yeah, I know it. I've been collecting up old gun and outdoor books like this for a couple years. My dad has a bunch too, as my pap was a member of the outdoor life book club back in the 60s and 70s.

@ripjack13, I had one like this when I was a kid, and one that was really similar. It had red scales, bolsters and a bail loop. It had the main blade, a can opener, and a knife and a fork. My brother and I used to use them at the dinner table all the time, which my mom just loved. I'm looking for a match for it next.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

When I was a kid I remember going to the hardware store and looking at the display of knives, BB guns and firearms at the counter.

Back