• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gut check

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Great piece from Gutfield:

As the massive march unfolded in Paris, it served to remind us why everyone showed up in the first place: because some fanatical, determined assholes murdered a bunch of innocent citizens.

It serves to remind us of this simple fact, as this initial outrage gets lost among other phony concerns, desires and political wishes.

The march is no longer a simple, defiant repudiation of radical Islamic assholes. No – it’s now against other things – including racism, backlash, and so on. Instead of learning a lesson about evil, the media return to wimpy, vacant pronouncements of tolerance – like an amnesiac dog devouring its own vomit. That’s the cartoon I keep seeing.

While we watched the march, over in Nigeria fiends attached explosives to young girls and sent them off on dual suicide missions. Six people were killed in a market, that mid-afternoon – the second attack to use young girls as death-delivery systems. Ten years old or so – all that’s left are parts of their torso and hair. This, occurring on the heels of Boku Harem’s latest and deadliest attack – one that killed up to 2,000 women, children, and elderly civilians. It’s a monstrous ugly thing that got lost in the Paris shuffle. And no arm-linking chant of famous names and famous faces is going to stop that.

So forgive me if a march for unity leaves me cold. It should be a march for war.

I pray one day everyone will wake up, and realize this is not a time for a call for unity under the guise of tolerance, but for a unity of will – a collective fortitude necessary to destroy a movement that wants to destroy us. Most people get this. The media, not so much.

More: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/12/gutcheck-cartoonish-behavior/

It will be a march of war only when they get their heads out of their butts. As usual, the lack of condemnation from the "peaceful muslims" is anything but deafening:rolleyes:

whatever, when I saw them marching I was ashamed of my country because Americans could never come together like that for any cause whether it right or wrong.....

I have no sympathy for the French but damn, we could never do that

Sure a lot of young men signed up for the military after 9/11 but The American Public never put a show on like that......half the lazy bastards couldn't even show up to the capitals for the threat of our own Constitution

Lazy, entitled, greedy, selfish, American Public.......except for a small percent.....about 3 by my count

I like Greg Gutfeld. I often watch him on "RedEye" and on "The Five" on FNC. I don't make it a point to watch him, or TV in general, but I appreciate his libertarian wit and reflection when I happen to catch him on. Oftentimes, as a nightowl, I will fall asleep to RedEye. Or not, and a rerun of The Five (first airs at 5pm) usually follows at 4am EST. I watch some shows on the smartphone via WIFI while I work on the computer and those shows are usually on while I wind down my day.

And note that Gutfeld's narrative continues at the link Gunny provided. Click on that and read the whole article...

Egypt’s president Abdel Fattah al-Sisi spoke to an audience of clerics at the Department of Religious Endowments a few days ago. He made waves by denouncing terrorism among Muslims, and said it wasn’t right for the rest of the world to be afraid of 1.5 billion Muslims. He pointedly insisted that the al-Azhar clerics do something about this stain on the honor of Islam, implying that they were not effectively combating extremist ideas. He called for a new sort of “religious discourse” and a “new revolution” to combat extremism.
http://www.juancole.com/2015/01/condemning-attacks-muslims.html

Pretty freaking bold statement by the leader of Egypt. Curious to see where this goes as he is one of the first I've herd to say it, there will no doubt be repercussions.

whatever, when I saw them marching I was ashamed of my country because Americans could never come together like that for any cause whether it right or wrong.....

I have no sympathy for the French but damn, we could never do that

Sure a lot of young men signed up for the military after 9/11 but The American Public never put a show on like that......half the lazy bastards couldn't even show up to the capitals for the threat of our own Constitution

Lazy, entitled, greedy, selfish, American Public.......except for a small percent.....about 3 by my count
I can't argue with you assessment. The most I have seen us pull together in my lifetime was when the Iranians over ran our embassy and took the people hostage. I guess after 9/11 was second. Sometimes I wonder if it's even 3%.

http://www.juancole.com/2015/01/condemning-attacks-muslims.html

Pretty freaking bold statement by the leader of Egypt. Curious to see where this goes as he is one of the first I've herd to say it, there will no doubt be repercussions.
That was bold and I tip my hat to him for his bravery and for saying it publicly. He could easily be killed for what he said.

I can't argue with you assessment. The most I have seen us pull together in my lifetime was when the Iranians over ran our embassy and took the people hostage. I guess after 9/11 was second. Sometimes I wonder if it's even 3%.
yeah....the spirit is there in some but the majority .....nah

1,000,000 people in that march...reasons may be wrong or right , Americans are actually criticizing these people for amassing 1,000,000 people gathered for the same thing..... for any cause that is a show of solidarity that this great country is not capable of doing.

the only reason America might do that is if they delay the next smart phone, protest the killing of a scum bag strong arm robber who deserved what he got or quite possibly the pulling of a stupid movie for which they indirectly supported the North Koreans hackers and give Sony a few million for being spineless and choosing money over principal as the American sheep made it the most downloaded movie on youtube ......oh yeah real top priority stuff there

yeah....the spirit is there in some but the majority .....nah

1,000,000 people in that march...reasons may be wrong or right , Americans are actually criticizing these people for amassing 1,000,000 people gathered for the same thing..... for any cause that is a show of solidarity that this great country is not capable of doing.

the only reason America might do that is if they delay the next smart phone, protest the killing of a scum bag strong arm robber who deserved what he got or quite possibly the pulling of a stupid movie for which they indirectly supported the North Koreans hackers and give Sony a few million for being spineless and choosing money over principal as the American sheep made it the most downloaded movie on youtube ......oh yeah real top priority stuff there

May I recommend a shot or 2 of your favorite likker to help you cope with this display of cynicism? ;):)

As much as I WOULD protest something important to me, I just don't have the time... IMO, anyone with time to protest ANYTHING I don't believe in (ie: "hands up" "I can't breath") needs to get a farking job! Or volunteer if they receive public assistance...

As much as I WOULD protest something important to me, I just don't have the time... IMO, anyone with time to protest ANYTHING I don't believe in (ie: "hands up" "I can't breath") needs to get a farking job! Or volunteer if they receive public assistance...
I don't consider them protests as much as showing support but I suggest attending Pro 2nd Amendment rallies. There's nothing like standing on the steps of the state house or a public square with a bunch of people carrying all kinds of guns and listening to some good speakers. I would venture to say most have jobs and it takes very little time once or twice a year. I tie my trips to Harrisburg with stops at gun shops that are on the way home. This reminds me that it's time to start looking for the next one scheduled.

I do commend the French for getting out there, I just wish they were being more forceful that they will do whatever it takes to stop the terrorism.

Well we were a lot more forceful.....still happening all around the world

As far as time, I do whatever it takes to get to those rallies, call in sick, put stuff on the back burner for literally a couple of hours....no excuse, or maybe one or two excuses but no time is not one of them. If a person breaks down a day there are plenty of things that can be put off for a few hours to support the way of life so many folks have sacrificed for.

Back