1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

Hand Protection:

Discussion in 'Bags, Gear And Load-Outs' started by SHOOTER13, Apr 25, 2016.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Specifically...Shooting Gloves

Not necessarily for warmth...maybe 3 gun...hard training in rocky, sandy terrain...protection from hot surfaces of firearms...Military/LE OPS...fixing your motorcycle or car...whatever

I've been using these with good effect...

[​IMG]

Grease Monkey Crew Chief Extreme...(with Touchscreen Tech sensitivity ).

Wal Mart...Sam's Club...Advanced Auto Parts ...$14.99

So sensitive you can pickup a dime...and most importantly... feel the trigger through the material.
  2. WNCmotard

WNCmotard .270 WIN Supporter

I don't care for velcro wrist closures, been there done that, just makes the off / on process take way more time than it should IMO. I'm a huge fan of the original Mechanix wear fast fit gloves.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  3. oli700

oli700 12g Supporter "Philanthropist"

they look like the rest of your stuff.....brand new :p
    MikeT and SHOOTER13 like this.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Copy WNC...just looking to see what everyone was running.

Have a pair of the Mechanix Wear Multi-Cam M-Pact "tac" gloves...but find them overkill for most of my applications...I'm a minimalist.

http://www.mechanix.com/tactical/multicam-m-pact

$34.99...( cheaper at some gun shows.)
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Yea Oli....display photo.

My wife already thinks I'm nutz...taking pictures of all my gear. :cool:
  6. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Moderator

I wear mostly Mechanix. Like the original which is a Velcro cuff and another is the Mechanix CG Utility which has some leather but not a leather palm. I keep a couple other pair. One is a mil surp mitten, the heavyweight cotton canvas with leather palm and a trigger finger. I wear the wool liners with those. They're otherwise unlined. I also have some elk skin gloves. Those are the nicest pair I have and I don't often wear those.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  7. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I'll be honest, nomex flight gloves can be found fairly inexpensively on the surplus market, and they work pretty darn good. Especially when fooling with hot barrels and suppressors and the likes.
  8. GT_80

GT_80 .270 WIN

9. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett 20g Supporter

Back in the day I used to cut the fingers out of leather gloves, these days I just use the fingerless workout gloves I can get at Walmart.....