• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Headboard mount for my 500

American

.22LR
Now that I have a toddler around the house I couldn't simply keep my Mossberg sitting next to the bed. As I have a rather large headboard I had an idea. I bought some mounts from gungrabber.com then made some simple brackets to turn it sideways so I could simply stand up and grab it from behind the headboard. This gets the gun about 3' off the ground and secures it relatively well from the kiddo.

I used a large piece of L shaped aluminum I had on hand for the top then drilled and counterbored it (so I didn't scrape the gun when pulling it out). For the bottom I used a smaller piece of steel, drilling several mounting holes in it and bending it 90 deg.

Works great, very well hidden but still quick to deploy.

I'll be ordering another set soon for my wife's gun as well.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Nice, I want to do something similar to this. But I want it incase someone breaks in when I'm away. That way they don't steal it wi.ce it'll be well hidden, but still available for me to grab if I ever need it.
They sell a rubber like coating spray that you can spray down those brackets to keep from scratching on those too. Just an idea, I was going to use it dependi.g on what kind of hooks or brackets I use.

Thanks guys.

There is really no risk of scraping the gun, I probably didn't need to recess the mounting screws but better safe than sorry.

Yeah.. if someone doesn't know it's there they'd be hard pressed to find it. The pics show the bed out from the wall more than I really keep it so it's pretty hidden...plus the headboard makes a shadow that hides it even more.

Mine is very close to the wall too, plus i have tall dressers on both sides, only way they would find it is if they knew where it was already. Or they felt so confident in how much time they have and decided to do a victory jump on my bed lol.
Only difference is i want to mount it horizontally. That way i jump up in bed, reach down, grab it, swing around and im ready, not much fumbling or adjusting

Back