• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from MI

Mr Shado

Copper BB
Greetings!

I'm proud to say that I'm a new owner of a Mossberg 930! It's my first shotgun (I just got it 2 days ago) and I'm very impressed with the weight and feel. I'm DYING to get out and try it but I've read that cleaning it thoroughly should be my first priority. Is this true? Recommendations for cleaning supplies/techniques would be welcomed! Are there any instructional videos for cleaning and maintaining this beauty?

Thanks in advance!

Hi from Ohio! Glad you found your way to us!

Yeah, def get your mochine cleaned! Mossberg likes cosmoline alot! On mine, I find it really heavy on the bolt and carrier too wich makes the action really sticky... You def want that nice and slick. There are acouple different things I use. Hoppes works well, and to get to the internals, Rem oil in the spray can so you can direct it back in there. The Rem oil also has teflon in it. Another thing I plan to try soon is Slide Glide, it comes highly recommended and in three different viscosities. So like around here in Ohio and in your area, we may wanna use the light weight in the cold weather.

I'll look for vid on the break down to get posted in the 930 forum!

Brad.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=512
That is a link to field strip your Mossberg 930 autoloader.

Welcome to Mossberg Owners forum. We are glad to have you as part of our growing community. If at anytime you have questions or concerns feel free to post them up.

Thank you both so much for the welcome and rapid response! I look forward to learning as much as I can from this forum, enjoy myself, stay safe and eventually give a little back by help others.

Back