• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from WV/VA line.

WVDeere

.22LR
Hello everyone! I was born and raised in WV and grew up on a farm there which my family still lives and I hunt on. Work and wife have led me across the state line (by like 3 miles) to VA. So I feel like a resident of both states. Just ordered my first Mossberg a 940 Pro Tactical. Waiting for it to arrive. I have owned single shot 20 guage and 410 shotguns for squirrel hunting and have a Winchester 12 gauge pump. Hve been itching for an auto loader and I was originally thinking the JM Pro for skeet and rabbit hunting but something about the red dot and the tactical spoke to me. I hope with some experimenting with chokes I can still use this gun as a hunter/clay shooter/and home defense gun. If not guess they always sell more of them.

You certainly live in very beautiful country. Welcome from North Alabama.

You must be really excited about getting that shotgun.

Welcome from upstate New York. Good choice. The 940 Pro Tactical will be able to do it all. Post pics when you get it.

Welcome from wind-swept Kansas. Be sure to post a report on the 940 after you've had a chance to test-drive it.

Well I’ve had some ups and down with my 940pt the past say 24 hours. First I stripped it and cleaned it. Does mossberg fire these guns at the factory? Mine had some gunk in it. They guys at the gun store jokingly said it shot well. Maybe they werent joking. In the middle of cleaning the trigger group the hammer falls and parts fly everywhere. Prob took me 2 hours trying to figure it out how to reassemble. There’s no schematic for that. Finally cleaned and reassembled and have it on the table on a cleaning cloth and my crazy 3 legged cat decides to jump up there. Gets scared and pulled the gun and the cloth it’s on down off the table on to my brick floor. Several curse words and scuffs later. We’re ready to shoot today. Go to load the mag. 5rds max. Remember reading about this so loosened the extension and tightened the nut then the extension. Working good now holds 7. Zeroed the red dot in with slugs and then just shot a couple boxes of random buck shot birdshot and slugs. Was a little sticky at first but seemed to loosen up and run well. No hang ups Despite the mag tube being little finicky when you put it back together it seems to be in good shape. Only thing I’m not crazy about is the forearm does pop and crack when you squeeze it. Come on mossberg. Seems like could be an easy fix. Otherwise it has already taken a licken seems to be tickin fine.

Back