• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Herter's 12G Select Target Ammo - Wha?!

mingaa

Raconteur
I'm pre-disposed to pick up new shot shells or ones that I have yet to shoot if they fit my criteria.

Herter's (Cabela's house brand - they often rebrand) had a range of 3 affordable 12g target and field loads in 7 1/2 - 2 3/4" low brass rounds. I lke 1 1/8 oz. and 1200+ fps. SO I grabbed a box.

Got 'em home and opened up for a look (grabbed them on the fly) and they are short - 2 1/4" to be exact. I'm used to shell variations but this is a lot and will allow me 1 more shell in the mag - maybe 2!!

If they are 1200 fps (as advertised) and cycle the gun well this could be an interesting find at $6.99 per 25!

I'll be at the range this week and the 930 will now go on that ride.

Anyone shoot these? Must be a hot powder if 1200fps is true.

Range report to follow!!

I hope they meet your expectations regarding velocity and good patterns.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll post up when I know more. I've seen small variations in length but 1/2"?!?!

Herter's used to be low rent ammo but Cabela's has raised the bar in recent years. I hope they have done the same in shotgun - this is my first venture into that area. It may be new, never saw it b4!!

Back