• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hogue Beavertail Grip for AR 15

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Hogue came out with this grip just in time. I really wanted a Hogue but need a beavertail due to long fingers. I could get half of my trigger finger cut off and still work the trigger, that’s how close the back of the grip was to the trigger for me

Hogue wasn’t offering a beavertail until the planned release date sometime next month.

I received notice a couple weeks ago from Midway that they came in early!

So I ordered one and today it came….I had no idea that the grip could influence the entire feel of the rifle like it does. The tad bit front heavy feel of the SPR barrel when holding with one hand reloading mags, racking the charging handle is now gone for me, it give that much more of a positive feel for me

I couldn’t find any pics on the web for it really and the ones I did find were all a side profile released by Hogue. I really want you all to see the plam swell on this grip......it is all that

For no real reason I opted for the non-finger grooves and I really like it, usually I can go with finger grooves no problem, they do have one with finger grooves as well

Its classic Hogue, grippy, not too soft and this thing is ultra light yet gives you a rugged reassurance and fery solid feel . It fits the lower reciever real tight and did have a little tab of rubber that is intended to fill a gap between the grip and trigger guard but I trimmed it flush because the way the Core15 trigger guard is built there I no gap for the rubber to go, as you can see in the picture so it is easly trimmed if you need to

This grip comes in at 17 bucks and is quite possibly the best thing I have done to this rifle so far.

IMG_1489_zpsb3e57223.jpg

IMG_1491_zps3af6bfeb.jpg

I think i may have contributed to creating a monster. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice review

Yeah dude, hope I did you proud....after BUIS you won’t be hearing much from me lol, LOVE IT but this could lead to serious debt, already spent more than I told myself I would, but the way I see it, its quality and is a one time thing for a lifetime of sevice, or half a lifetime at this point in my life lol

oli700 said:
Yeah dude, hope I did you proud....after BUIS you won’t be hearing much from me lol, LOVE IT but this could lead to serious debt, already spent more than I told myself I would, but the way I see it, its quality and is a one time thing for a lifetime of sevice, or half a lifetime at this point in my life lol

Blah blah blah... that's what they all say. :twisted:

Back