• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

House hearing on Ebola

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Breaking news: House hearing on Ebola. Some scary testimony. If they don't get this under control real quick, there's going to be massive riots, wars, etc. and lot of people are going to die - not necessarily from the disease.

The House Foreign Affairs Committee is now holding a special subcommittee hearing on the ongoing Ebola outbreak in Africa. Members of the committee interrupted their August recess to hold a hearing on the critical issue hearing important testimony from disease experts.

The hearing is chaired by Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ).

Reported by Caroline May, 5:00 PM: After the hearing Ken Isaacs, Vice President of Program and Government Relations for Samaritan’s Purse elaborated on his testimony.

“I don’t want to speak to the politics of the administration or anything like that, but I was clear in my statement today that the response has been a failure. If it wasn’t a failure this hearing wouldn’t be held you wouldn’t be asking me these questions, these people wouldn't have died and the disease wouldn’t have jumped to Nigeria.” Isaacs said, when asked by Breitbart News about the Obama administration’s response to the outbreak. “So it makes you wonder what’s going on.”

“I don’t think it is just the United States,” Isaacs continued. “I think the international community has simply failed to recognize the seriousness of the disease, the magnitude of it and the lethality of it. They just haven’t got it, they haven’t seen it.”

“Our epidemiologists internally in our organization were predicting in April, ‘This is going to be a big deal, this is not a little deal this is not going to burn itself out.’ It is the first time it has been in West Africa" he said. "It is the first time it has been in three countries. It was on mainland ground transportation and it was moving into major metropolitan areas,” he said, noting that before the disease was in remote villages, when now it is in cities with millions of people."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...use-Special-Hearing-On-Ebola-Crisis-In-Africa

Fear is a great motivator, the gov knows this and will play it up so that scared people will ask them to create more controls so this won't happen. There is a certain genius to this. Unfortunately in this case there is a small amount of real danger which just adds to the chaos.

Back