• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How can they do that?

Ttutt

.270 WIN
how can the President simply declare that he will not enforce a certain law? Seriously, if that is possible and acceptable, then lets get ourselves a President that will decide to declare that he will not enforce the National Firearms Act. Now THAT would be something...

He's very good at getting what he wants without actually getting anything passed. As time goes on It becomes more and more evident to me the importance of his constitutional law degree. He's using his knowledge of the law make change by skirting the legal system.

Pretty much sickens me, not even enough time in a day to list all hes done/not done...

He is a radical with his mind made up to fundementally change our country! Thats it, that is simply the truth.

The elitist attitude in DC is sickening. The lack of respect for the Constitution is despicable. I keep wondering what "crisis" will be manufactured in November to declare martial law and suspend elections. It really wouldn't surprise me if that happened.

carbinemike said:
I keep wondering what "crisis" will be manufactured in November to declare martial law and suspend elections. It really wouldn't surprise me if that happened.

I've wondered the same thing...

carbinemike said:
I keep wondering what "crisis" will be manufactured in November to declare martial law and suspend elections. It really wouldn't surprise me if that happened.

Seriously? Ya'll really see that as a possibility? Yes, some of the stuff he's already gotten away with is pretty amazing, but I think that is way over the top. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Tom396 said:
carbinemike said:

Seriously? Ya'll really see that as a possibility? Yes, some of the stuff he's already gotten away with is pretty amazing, but I think that is way over the top. Take care. Tom Worthington.

I keep reading of drones flying over the US, supposedly just for testing, not real surveillance.

I keep reading of more and more occurrences of military forces seen marching and whatnot on city streets, again the official answer is that it is just normal (yet it's out of normal enough to catch people’s attention)

The POTUS has restricted free speech where he speaks.

The gov has stepped up what they can consider a terrorist and what they can do to said terrorists.

I've never been one for conspiracy theory but I’ve been having a weird feeling lately.

Fast and Furious.

Immigration.

Circumventing the constitution at every turn.

A few years ago I would have laughed it off and called people kooks for suggesting such a thing. After watching what has transpired over the last 4 years, I guess I've become one of those kooks I don't wan't to believe it could happen but.....

Transforming the country within the bounds of the Constitution is slow and would take a long time with the built in checks and balances. A Constitutional Convention would be quicker but we don't ever have them. Martial Law and all bets are off.

Tom396, it is way over the top and would be a very dangerous first for this country. I hope I'm dead wrong. I think I'm wrong but I also see a lot I don't like as MikeD noted. I also see a man that we are told is obsessed with his legacy which as of now seems in tatters. I can see that man telling himself I just need more time.

Presidents from both parties have been knocking out executive orders for quelling the populace for a long time. The Bush Admin. developed contingency plans for declaring martial law when it became apparent the real estate bubble was about to pop and they didn't know how far the fallout would go. On a smaller scale I look at what happened after Katrina.

Here's hoping for a smooth election and inauguration regardless of who wins.

Martial law has happened before. It can happen again.

And yes, he does circumvent the Constitution and has said in the past that its an impediment to what he wants to do as well as saying that if Congress doesnt respond or act the way he wants them to that hed do it on his own.

I forget which speech it was, (its posted here in the non firearm politics section) he said hed like to consolidate powers to the executive branch. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? He said it would streamline the decision making process, that the way it is is in efficient. I'm paraphrasing... Point is, his remarks indicate he feels the Contsitution stands as a road block to him doin what he wants. He has in fact said he wants to "fundementally" change the country.

Read the book Philip Drew Administrator.

doing away with the constitution is exactly what I was getting at. it has always been an impediment to the "progressives." if they aren't progressing their agenda, they see it as going backwards. they always expect compromise yet never give it. in that way they ratchet forward.

exec. orders are one thing. but I don't recall an administration stating outright that they would do nothing to enforce an enacted law of the land.

indeed. article II section 3: ...he shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed...
exec order or no, that's a clear dereliction of a clearly worded requirement of his job.

Agreed, I don't remember any administration being so in your face as to say we aren't going to enforce a law. On the other hand, many administrations from both sides have quietly not enforced our laws which is why we have so many illegal immigrants in the first place.

If he isn't doing the job as defined in article II, section 3 it is up to us to fire him. Unfortunately a lot of people are relying on government freebies to sustain themselves.

Back