• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How do you store/display your guns?

ImAShrimp

.270 WIN
I'll start. This is my office wall.
case2.jpg

No worries: The bottom of the case is 4 1/2 feet off the ground. Everything is well out of reach of tiny fingers.
case.jpg

Closeup of the case I built for my 500.

What about you?

Most of my firearms are locked away in 2 sturdy safes...except for my EDC, my Mossberg Cruiser, my wifes EDC, my daughter's hideaway in her bedroom, and the revolver on the main floor mantle. I used to have static displays, but not anymore !

AMSECBF6030.jpg

nitesite said:
You

Effin'

Rock.

Yup. I pretty much agree and cant think of a way to elaborate!

You gotta tell me about the knife thingy in the case! And the gas mask too! Thats a sweet addition to the wall!

Mine are "stored" not visible but are close and accessible enough.

I have a breech load single shot 10 ga I wanna figure out how to mount on the wall. I havent even been able to find out exactly who made it, but it has the trade name "Sportsmans Cleveland" on it. A few companys made them including Stevens, but not in 10 ga. There was one, though I dont remember the name and i wasnt able to verify it, but they began making them in 1904.

Short story, I wanna display it in the living room with a wall mount that is inconspicuous.

Most of my weapons are either in a vault with very few in my gun cabinet. Nobody sees the vault and very few see my cabinet. H/D guns are strategic, none to be advertised. You see my Mossys and my Rossi here and unless the SHTF nobody sees the rest except for one at a time I might be using for hunting at the time. The less folks know the better off I am including my better half.

Rossignol, if you want an inconspicuous wall mount get a 3/4in dowel rod from your favorite hardware store, and cut it into two 3 1/2 sections. Drill a hole in the center of each section down the length about 1 inch deep or so. Screw in a 2-sided dowel screw. Then attach to your wall with wall anchors. Place one dowel just behind the trigger guard, and the other somewhere below the barrel.

Having 2 small rods poking out of your wall is about as inconspicuous as it gets. Of course you can paint or stain them to match your wall as well. You could also plane a small, flat area on the tops of the dowels, leaving a 1/2 inch lip for added security, so it doesn't accidentally slip off.

Just my 2 cents.

And to your other question, that's a gnarly machete abomination I made a few years back. lol I'll post pics of it in the knife thread soon I guess.

And the gas mask was just because I could. No other reason than that.

Sounds like a good idea with the dowels! Good lookin out, Thanks!

I absolutely love the Mossberg case LOL Good job! :D

ImAShrimp said:
I'll start. This is my office wall.
case2.jpg

No worries: The bottom of the case is 4 1/2 feet off the ground. Everything is well out of reach of tiny fingers.
case.jpg

Closeup of the case I built for my 500.

What about you?

Back