• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How long before ammo levels return to pre-Dec 12 levels?

How long before retail ammunition shelves return to normal levels?

• In around 3 weeks or less.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • End of February

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Longer, but it will come back.

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • End of March

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It's never coming back.

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom396

.30-06
How long do you think it will be before we see the amounts of ammunition on retailers shelves back up to the typical levels we saw before December of 2012? Take care. Tom Worthington.

Long enough that wanna be gun owners will be selling their guns cheap because they think it’s over, and it is for them :twisted:

This will be interesting. I'm planning on it being 12-16 months for ammo and longer for AR's and hi cap magazines.

Long enough that wanna be gun owners will be selling their guns cheap because they think it’s over, and it is for them
If some are that foolish I will gladly relieve them of their $2400 dollar AR for less than 1/3 of that amount. :D

carbinemike said:
Long enough that wanna be gun owners will be selling their guns cheap because they think it’s over, and it is for them
If some are that foolish

Mike, you’re a good guy, far better than me......I just find it impossible to rate the sheeple as high as you. I have a ......dim look on things these days. People like you give me hope, I really need a new outlook on people in general !

Level to return... - I would guess early Summer. Why? Once the "Biden task force" releases their recommendations levels will get even more scarce and prices will go even higher than they are today. Then if there is no quick acting "executive order" and legislation must be voted on thereby taking even longer time it will cause the scarsity levels to stay even lower than what they are now and backlogs to be even longer. These two milestones will quickly consume any effort of the ammo levels returning to pre Dec levels.

Another thing to consider is the price... Will the price of ammo ever return to pre Dec amounts? Take this under consideration from a note that I was keeping track of during the first Obama term. Do you remember how bad things got in 2008? These are prices I saw and recorded for Walmart CCI .45acp ammo price per round.

December 2007 - .24 each round or $12 a box
March 2008 - .28 each round or $14 a box
April 2008 - .32 each round or $16 a box
December 2008 - .40 each round or $20 a box
September 2010 - .34 each round or $17 a box

Current prices if you can find them are about .36 each round or $18

Levels will eventually return but I am not so sure about prices.

Every time the President steps up to a podium, that estimated date seems to get pushed further and further back. :( Take care. Tom Worthington.

Back