• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

hunting bolt action rifle

wicat3

.22LR
Hey guys Im looking to get a cheap but good bolt action rifle. I was looking at the mossberg ATR and the price seems to be good and I have liked the idea of a mossberg bolt action since ive seen them start being introduced. I asked on a few other fourms and were told that the mossbergs were a cheap and poor made gun? I have a 500 and a 464 lever action and I love them both. I also have a 20 gauge mavrick 88 and the only thing Im not a fan of is the safty on it but its a good gun.

Any way im looking for a hunting rifle, perferably a left handed model and in something like a 270 or 308. Any help would be great

I have had a ball sighting in my ATR and intend to use it for deer and coyotes this year. I have found it to be sturdy and reliable and wouldn't hesitate to carry it into the woods.

I put a Boyds stock on mine and had it at my club a few weeks ago....it is seriously dialed in and the guys all took a few shots and I got a lot of compliments on it.

You could spend more on a rifle but I am very pleased with my ATR.

Good luck!

wicat3 said:
Hey guys Im looking to get a cheap but good bolt action rifle. I was looking at the mossberg ATR and the price seems to be good and I have liked the idea of a mossberg bolt action since ive seen them start being introduced. I asked on a few other fourms and were told that the mossbergs were a cheap and poor made gun? I have a 500 and a 464 lever action and I love them both. I also have a 20 gauge mavrick 88 and the only thing Im not a fan of is the safty on it but its a good gun.

Any way im looking for a hunting rifle, perferably a left handed model and in something like a 270 or 308. Any help would be great

There's a sale right now at Academy... they are taking off up to $70.00 on ATR rifles... Goodluck!

Back