• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I may have saved a womans life today

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
:lol:

Kidding. I keed.

But seriously...

Had a woman want to see an officer because she thought someone had tried to break into her home. I arrived to see what she thought were prybar marks on her back door. She said that she lived alone, and was often scared because she is disabled and can't fight back. So she had bought a gun. From her brother. And he had thrown into the deal all the ammo he had for it.

Problem was, she thought the pistol was broken because she had tried to fire it and it just went click.

So I asked if I could check it out. She brings out a Raven .25ACP pistol, one of the very early ones that were actually fairly good (if inexpensive) guns. Real blued steel, and IIRC the .25Auto Ravens are fairly reliable. It was clean and the slide felt oiled and everything felt right. So I ask to see the ammunition. She goes back inside and brings out the box of ammo her brother had sold her.

Here's a frame grab from my Scorpion cam.

25ACPRaven.jpg

Yeppers, that's a box of bulk .22LR ammo he had supplied his sister. The rimfire rounds fit the magazine and easily chambered so she didn't know there was anything wrong with the ammo.

You did indeed save her life !!

...And I hope she kicks her brother in the butt for giving her .22lr for a .25acp firearm...!!

Unbelieveable...!! :D

I am so thankful that my family taught me about guns all throughout my life.

My Dad, Mom, Grandmother, Uncle.

I guess sometimes I take that for granted, but when I see or hear stories like this, it kind of surprises me, and kind of doesn't.

Some people just don't have a clue. It would be interesting to know if he gave it to her because he couldn't get it to work either....

Its ironic that you are mod in the real world too. Lol

I’m glad you dug deeper and found that. You might have saved a life in making sure she has the right ammo to shoot an intruder with…but you might have caused a death on the other side of that coin…….lol just kidding.

I like it when people think a gun is going to blow up with smaller caliber ammo in it. Unless that .22lr magically gains the power of a .32 or a 9mm it wouldn’t blow the gun up. It would sound weird, not cycle but not blow up…

A firearm usually won’t blow up unless the barrel is plugged. Even when recommended pressure is exceeded the worst that usually happens is a cracked chamber….depending on the strength of the design…bolt action, falling block, rolling block, semi, revolver ….had to get that out, pet peeve of mine.

But you know that, hence “kidding” ….good work officer, and all you kids out there make sure you are using the propper ammo !

+ 2. Indeed, good job! Did ya tell her exactly what she needed to buy? Where to get it at! Walmart pretty much never sells 25 caliber ammo. Gun shops, sporting goods stores, pawn shops, Cabela's, Gander Mtn, Bass Pro Shops, Dick's Sporting Goods, etc...

"Give me liberty, or give me death!"

Did ya notice her jersey / shirt? Roll Tide!!! How bad did they smash the Spartans 2night?

[emoji464] [emoji464] [emoji464]

Maybe it's the curse of the Tide...

"Give me liberty, or give me death!"

Back