• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Is this enough ammo?

Water Monkey said:
I cant even get ammo.

And my mossberg ran away with the spoon.

Damn you Mother Goose!

stop by my house,,,,,i got a few :D

I've been reloading shotshells now for 3 years. I'm fortunate in that I can order supplies through my club and they come on the same truck the pallets of clays do - no shipping or hazmat fees. With a humble single stage press, I can load up 100 rounds an hour and that includes giving each load a quick visual once over. I'm about to buy my first metallic reloader - and as many primers as I can afford.

I've been giving it some thought and the quickest way for the anti gun crowd to hit the shooting community hard is to somehow (we have a somewhat clever emperor in the white house now) cut off or severely cripple the ammunition supply. There's a LOT of guns out there now ... not much good without something to put in them.

The other thing I've been wondering about is how many guns he has helped sell during his administration?

My grand daddy used to tell me 'buy it cheap, pile it deep'. Like so many other things he used to say .. I wish I had listed.

All you need is 250-400 rds. per year, not buying every box on the shelf. You can do 100 per quarter & perform maintenance. Pushing it, 1,000 rds. per year for professional soldiers that see combat the most in regular infantry.

While for the military they don't shoot 12 ga much in garrison, I shot well over a hundred rounds in the first 20 minutes my last time at the range.

In the military you don't shoot 58 rounds a year as maintenance. Well, you do in chem units like I'm in, and I'm assuming other pog units. But in the infantry you can shoot hundreds of rounds in a week. That's how you get good at it. Likewise with the shotgun. If you want to be able to effectively defend with it, you have to be efficient with it.

If I see 100 round boxes of shotgun shells I take it.

All you need is 250-400 rds. per year, not buying every box on the shelf. You can do 100 per quarter & perform maintenance. Pushing it, 1,000 rds. per year for professional soldiers that see combat the most in regular infantry.

Yep, that was exactly what I was thinking.

Just One IDPA match and a practice session can get me to 300 rounds a month easily. Add in 3-Gun, practice, other matches, round development and the number skyrockets - right along with the fun and fellowship!!

When I was shooting skeet, I would shoot that much (400 rounds), usually more, in a week. Aside from skeet and hunting I do not shoot my shotguns as much as i should.

The last pistol class I took burned through 600+ rounds in a day.

Before the ammo crunch it was nothing to burn through 500-1000 rounds each of 223/7.62/etc. at the range.

Yup, I remember those days.

Used to burn up multiple 100rd Wally World .223 Federal bulk packs in a single trip. Now I'm lucky if I can find even one...

Back