• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

JM Pro, first time shooting

Greg B

Took my new shotgun out yesterday. Shooting some clays with a couple friends.
Out of about 60 shells, I had about 5 light strikes. And it was odd that the strikes seemed way off center of the primer. But all the shells would fire after reloading.
I've ordered a Wolff 10/22 spring. But it will be a while before I get back to the range. Any other thoughts on this issue?
I cleaned every thing before going to the range. I'm using Slip Stream as a lube, bolt rails wet. But just the lightest film on other components.
I'm sure I can get it sorted, and maybe it's just a break-in issue. But I am a bit disappointed. Just a bit though.

Try cleaning the bolt assembly with aerosol gun cleaner. Mine got gunked up by something and was light striking. First gun I ever had to do this.

I will do that. Always a possibility I didn't get it clean enough, there was an awful lot of red grease all over the bolt.
The wife keeps giving me weird looks since I have disassembled this thing probably 10 times since I bought it.

I will do that. Always a possibility I didn't get it clean enough, there was an awful lot of red grease all over the bolt.
The wife keeps giving me weird looks since I have disassembled this thing probably 10 times since I bought it.

Wifes are like that, dont ignore it, go buy her some flowers for putting up with smell of gun cleaning solvents.. Thank me later

Got the new hammer spring.
Should it be shortened? It's longer than the original.
Also, will the stronger spring be detrimental to the overall cycling? Since I imagine it will be using a little more energy to cock the hammer during cycling. But perhaps it's negligible.

Back