• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

JM PRO slug changeover 3gun

Clayton_Adams

Copper BB
Greetings,

New to the board!

I just bought my first shotgun (930 JM pro) and I am having a hard time finding good info on how to perform a slug changeover. I have the Magpul AOTDSG and have tried to use some of the techniques translated to the JM Pro but to no avail.

I competed in my first 3gun match last month and the shotgun stage tore me up (winchester 1100)... especially with changing from bird to slugs.

I should say up front that the ghost load video does not seem practical under the stress of competition.

I am open to receive any education on this technique.

Thanks
Clay

Clayton_Adams said:
Greetings,

New to the board!

I just bought my first shotgun (930 JM pro) and I am having a hard time finding good info on how to perform a slug changeover. I have the Magpul AOTDSG and have tried to use some of the techniques translated to the JM Pro but to no avail.

I competed in my first 3gun match last month and the shotgun stage tore me up (winchester 1100)... especially with changing from bird to slugs.

I should say up front that the ghost load video does not seem practical under the stress of competition.

I am open to receive any education on this technique.

Thanks
Clay

hello Clay. welcome from NY and congrats on your new mossy. :)

i don't own a 930,but i'm sure one of the many 930 owners here will chime in.

Switching from bird to slugs in the same course of fire?

Lots of people ghost load a 930 like in this vid. Personally I just load as needed (as fast as possible - get the Band Aids ready) but will probably do some ghost load tests on my next range trip. Time for some Dremel work on the receiver as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpyNoCnO4B4

quickest way is to load the tube with a slug n chuck the last chambered round by racking the bolt... OR.... shove your thumb in front of the next round with your left hand(lift the loading gate n keep pressure on the first round so it stays in front of the magazine stop mechanism) and with the hand holding the slug rack the bolt n simultaneously drop in the slug after the shot round pops out.

I'm pretty sure I've seen others use this method with similar auto loaders on YouTube, I'd just search it n see if it can apply to the 930

Thank you Poopypants, I did not come across this video for some reason. When I try using my thumb I usually end up with a double feed.... but that is using dummy's and not real rounds. I will practice this method. THANK YOU!

I had my lifter wielded so it makes it a lot easier to load. I got tired of bleeding every time I tried to load my JM Pro. It would catch my thumb every time no matter how slow I tried to load it.

The 2 times I tried ghost loads, felt strange to me. I figure I will just stick a Matchsaverz on the side and not have to worry about a jam.

Easiest way to switch to slugs is to just put a slug in the tube and them "burn" the bird in the chamber by shooting it at the ground or the burm away from the target.

Back