• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Just Bought M590A1 #51668

westgl

.22LR
Just Bought M590A1 #51668, with 20" Barrel 9 Shot, ghost ring sights, Speed feed stock.

So far I have shot around 100 shells through it, I really like it.

It still feels tight, guess i need another 500-1000 rounds through it to loosen things up a little.

I guess i need to find out what parts and where need to be polished, to smooth out the action

Awesome choice. Whatta gun!

I doubt you'll need 1000 more round thru it to smooth things up.

Did I say Awesome choice??? :)

Welcome to the forum.

Nice gun, lets see some pics! :D

The more you shoot it the smoother it will get.

Thanks Here is a picture of my Street Sweeper.

Below the 590 with one of it's little brothers, a accurate 10/22.

They have both have many other brothers.

Attachments

• P1010846 Comp 405K.jpg
    P1010846 Comp 405K.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 943
Nice.

I have that same 10/22 stock sitting in my basement. I just took it off to put a Boyds stock on it.

Nice,

I like the Boyds stocks, I would not mind building another 10/22 for target.

But I setup this 10/22 as a Purely Mechanical, (No Electronics, and reduced failure points)

It's my SHTF gun, with all KIDD internal parts, and it is a Very nice shooter.

1. Kidd Bolt includes Kidd Firing Pin & Extractor
2. Kidd Trigger Job Kit
3. Kidd Bolt Buffer
4. Kidd Bolt Hold Open
5. Kidd Cocking Assy. Rod & Spring, & Bolt Handle

And I also Put Tech Sights, they are Great Long range open sights, I did not want a Red Dot or a scope on this one as it is my SHTF gun

Since technology is available to render electronics useless,

I want to eliminate the RedDot and Scope Failure point.

That said i Have setup this 10/22 so that I can mount my Bushnell TRS25 Red Dot so that it will co-witness with my Tech Sights

A 200-yard .22LR rifle would definitely be something I would love to know more about since I actually have a 10/22 and think for a SHTF gun a .22 rimmie would be quiet as all get out from 200-yards.

I'm asking for some of your expertise so I can unapologetically steal some of your ju-ju and see what it's all about! Could I use my 10/22 "as is" with your recommended ammo and flail away just to see if I can partially do it? Then refine it if I have the right mojo?

Maybe you can start a separate SHTF 10/22 thread so we don't get this great thread about your 590A1 all jumbled up......

Did I mention that your 590A1 is an Awesome choice????? :)

For a Accurate Purely Mechanical 10/22

SHTF open sight 100-200+ yard Rifle, you can find them at the following;

Rimfirecentral.com
Rugerforum.net

I want to get the shotgun out this week and do some more break in on it.

I bought a couple hundred rounds of slugs, & 500 shells of Federal multipurpose (they are cheap break in ammo).

I wanted to see how accurate i can be with this new scatter gun with Slugs, i would have used snails but they were too slow, & with the ghost ring sights.

I have another 12ga. shotgun, a Winchester Model 12 I bought new from Best co. back in1986' hope i am not dating my self, if i am what would my wife say.

I would like to get a good used M590A1 short barrel, Pistol grip, Vert. grip, I want this to be very short, so that it can be brought in close to the body, and a dual point or single point sling, side saddle, But, No Butt stock at all,

This will be more of a short range/close quarters weapon
Weight will be a big concern, i would rather have extra shells on my belt than on the weapon, but i also dont want to restrict my self either. it may the kind of thing try it as you go to see what works
Maybe a sling with shell reliefs

Hey Nitesite,

I have seen where people have made accurate 10/22's at 200+ & 300-400+ yard shots.

But you will have to probably change some parts,

I would start off changing stock sights (they are crap) to Tech Sights, then go to the sites listed above.

cant say much more as i dont want to get in trouble from a moderator, :D

Back