• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Just bought my first Shotgun

I picked up a Mossberg 500 8+1 with the Tri rail. Is this a decent pick? It was on sale at Dick's , what kind of this can I put on those rails in the front. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Welcome from MI!!

Typically people will mount flashlights or some type of verticle/angled grip to the rails.

Hello from StL MO! Does the gun have a rear rail or is it drilled and tapped to mount one? Would it be on the same plane as the front top rail?

Start a post about the gun in the appropriate thread and post pics if you have them. You'll get a lot of feedback!

Howdy michaelrjames1 and welcome to the club.

Hi and welcome to MO!

Forward grips, angled grips, lights. Same as what MikeD said is all I can come up with.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Mike !!

Can't tell you how good the bargain was without the price...! ;)

( I would put a red dot scope on it )

Congrats on the purchase. You must be in Miami or Palm Beach? The 5 day wait is a local restriction. The rest of FL has no waiting period for long guns, only handguns. You need to get your CWP, then there are no waiting periods even for handguns.

mko1024 said:
Congrats on the purchase. You must be in Miami or Palm Beach? The 5 day wait is a local restriction. The rest of FL has no waiting period for long guns, only handguns. You need to get your CWP, then there are no waiting periods even for handguns.

Yup only in palm Beach Broward and Dade , and you're right I do get to get my CWP :D

Back