• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Kinda confused with my 930 waterfowl

cms1225

Copper BB
My girlfriend bought me and new 930 waterfowl in max 4 this past Christmas. I hunted with it a few times to finish up the season. While hunting I would notice that when done hunting for the day and I would go to unload and pull the slide back the shell in the chamber would eject like normal but the next shell would not come out of the tube and the slide would lock back like it was an empty gun. This happens all the time. the only way I can unload is with the EZ empty button then pull the slide to get the chambered shell out. When shooting it works fine the next shell comes out of the tube and it cycles normal. It only seems to happen when trying to unload the gun by using the slide to cycle all the shells out. could I be doing something wrong? Is this normal so I have to use the EZ empty button to unload the tube. I am new to this forum but am finding a lot of good info. Any help would be great thank you.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the help. A new guy comes and asked a question and can't get any help. What I heard about this site was wrong. Thanks again.

Re: Kinda confused with my 930 waterfowl *thanks for nothing

I havent had the issue thus the reason why I haven't chimed in nor would I know how to correct it. But if that's all the problems you're having seems minimal since the gun functions normal for firing and the unloading method seems to be the safest.

As far as a quick response.... well this forum doesn't receive a high amount of traffic. So questions to be answered could take a little bit.

Have you cleaned the gun thoroughly? And by thoroughly I mean a complete breakdown , clean, lube and reassemble of everything with exception the trigger assembly. You can remove it from the receiver and clean it but you really don't want to take it apart unless you really know what you are doing.

I have not experienced this specific problem with mine but Mossberg tends to put a lot of grease in their guns and many isses with new ones are resolved buy giving them a thorough cleaning. I have had other FTF issues with mine as a result before I realized this.

While most of us here try to help out when we can some threads slip by. Because I check the forum from my phone and from a PC I have noticed that some threads slip past the new post list on occasion. Please don't hold it against the forum as a whole. Sometimes a simple bump of the thread will put it back up on peoples radar.

I went and shot skeet with it on tue and not one FTF or cycle problem. Then cleaned it real well. And it still does it just not as much. I will put a call into mossberg thanks you for the info

I know little of the 930, though its one that I wanna get in the near future... or later future! :lol:

Man I watch this stuff to see what comes up with the gun for when I get mine! ;)

Did you read the manual for unloading the weapon?

TO UNLOAD
Move the safety button fully rearward to the “ON” (SAFE) position and
keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times. At no time during
unloading should you allow your fingers or any other object to touch the
trigger.

1. First, remove the rounds from the magazine tube. With the safety button
fully rearward in the “ON” (SAFE) position, turn the firearm so that the
trigger guard is facing upward (Figure 8).
2. Depress the elevator.
3. While holding the elevator down with your thumb, press the bolt release
(Figure 4). This will release one round from the magazine tube under
spring pressure.
4. Repeat this procedure until the magazine tube is empty.
5. With the magazine tube empty, pull the operating handle fully rearward.
This will eject the round in the chamber of the firearm and lock the action
in the “OPEN” position.
Visually and physically inspect the chamber, elevator, and magazine
tube to be certain the firearm is completely unloaded.

Here's the PDF link to the manual just in case you didn't get one or lost it.
http://www.mossbergs.com/manuals/930_935.pdf

Back