• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Little Crow Gunworks W.F.T

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Got this for bulk loading and it seems to work real well. I can get about 4-500 through this trimmer in about an hour at a casual pace.

So far no burr to speak of has developed so no need to deburr but as the cutter dulls I anticipate the reappearance of a burr.

I wouldn't suggest this over a normal trimmer fir normal low volume reloading however if you have calibers you shoot in bulk and want nice uniform lengths fast the WFT is a great addition to your bench

It has two set screws to adjust the cutter. The cutter has aggressive flutes to evacuate chips up to the big hole and fling them out of the tool

They put a bearing in the end that has a machined center to accept the cartridge . It is like a case guage in a way and it references the cut from the shoulder of the case so it important that you run the cases through YOUR sizing die so the cut remains consistent

Low drill RPM is better than high as brass will not cut that fast because its soft and it will probably just roll a big burr on the case mouth
It is built super well and this is a big time saver for a bulk reloading session

Nice review. I've seen this, or similar before, and thought that at it just sounded too easy to be legit so never really looked at them much more.

Thanks for the info.

anytime dude, I cant say anything about longevity of the cutter but it appears to be a quality endmill cutter and should last a while vs. brass as long as its not run too fast allowing the cutter to burn the edge

Thanks for the report. Ive been using the Lee quick trim setup for my .223, but have found i rarely need to trim unless i get range fodder. My buddies Tavor tends to stretch cases

Thanks for the report. Ive been using the Lee quick trim setup for my .223, but have found i rarely need to trim unless i get range fodder. My buddies Tavor tends to stretch cases
Same here, most people I know give their brass and I do that up once as well.
To be honest I have loaded all kinds of out of spec length with no crimp and it's all shot and loaded fine in AR and Mini14.
I have a bunch of once fired LC I want to use to clone M855 and this will be sweet for that as I will add the crimp and length needs to be perfect as you know

Actually, ive done about 500 M855 clones, all with mix headstamp, I didnt even bother running through trim. all crimped with a Lee Factory Crimp die No issues that im aware of. I shot 2 mags of random rounds picked out of bulk, to check function in the carbine. All ran fine. Something i should go back and double check?

That Lee die is cool, pretty sure you don't need to trim when you use that

IIRC i read that the M855 loads were around 27 grain of H335? i went considerably more conservative with 24 grains. Ive still got another 500 SS109 pulldowns i want to load, just out of powder for the time being. Started making 55 gr FMJ loads with 3031 last night. ive got over 1K of those projos i want to load up and store away.

IIRC i read that the M855 loads were around 27 grain of H335? i went considerably more conservative with 24 grains. Ive still got another 500 SS109 pulldowns i want to load, just out of powder for the time being. Started making 55 gr FMJ loads with 3031 last night. ive got over 1K of those projos i want to load up and store away.

24 H335 cant send the 62gr over 2900fps ?

I went 26gr of W748, CCI 450 at 2.260". I am getting 3010fps out of the 18". I figure that has to be in the realm of proper speed.......I think its around 3050fps from a 20"?

3031 is great. I get descent accuracy. Burns nice and clean but after 24.5gr I believe it is a compressed charge and still not ever approaching top 556 speed . I still use it for plinkers here and there, I have a bunch of soft points loaded with 24gr, the soft points do well even at low speed.

that sucks

are the Noslers better with other powder ?

one of the best 5 round groups I ever got with any rifle any caliber was Hornady 55gr FMJ , unknown length brass , mixed head stamp, 24gr 3031, CCI 400, oal 2.250....probably the only real "bug hole" I ever shot at 100 yards with my AR, no flyer .....never did it again but they usually group decent .

Back