• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Long night

Sn3aKyGuY

.30-06
Just want to start off by letting you guys know I can't really go into to much more detail then what I've posted here, but I just wanted you guys with kids to hear this. If my sons were involved in anything like this I'd probably beat them half to death and thank god I don't have a daughter.

My wife started a new job recently and due to the hours she has to work for her training I was forced to go part time at work because no daycare providers are available before 6 am and I usually work 11 pm - 7 am. Because of this I got the pleasure of being transferred to one of the local colleges Friday and Saturday and dealing with all the kids drinking, partying and just generally being college kids. For the most part I love it because most of the kids are good kids and we have a good time interacting with them. The school has what are called RA's (Residential Assistants, students who police assigned dorms and make sure there is no underage drinking and what not) and GA's (Graduated Assistants, people who are recent graduates who oversee the RA's and are a go between for the students and the school). We are pretty much there to get involved when fights break out, assist RA/GA's when they request it (usually breaking up parties), patrol dorms and secured buildings, and to issue parking tickets (lame).

I'm of the mindset, as are most of our officers, that these are kids just having fun at college and unless we have serious noise complaints or fights we don't notify GA/RA staff of parties. It's there job to make multiple rounds a night and make sure all's well. Well this year the RA staff seems to think they can make one round early in the evening and not do s**t the rest of the night, like their 2 am round that they're supposed to do as students are getting back from the bars. Well again last night they didn't do their damn job and we had kids all over the place being loud, drunk and just overall rowdy. That's fine, like I said unless someone calls us we don't care as long as it stays safe.

Anyways, things started winding down around 3 am for the most part and everyone was taking their party to the rooms and being quite. Another officer and I were making a round through the parking lots as we had had a fender bender an hour earlier and we just wanted to make sure everyone was slowing down and driving safe. As we were making our round we got a call from a student that a female student may have had some male students take pictures of her with no pants on while she was passed out. She wasn't very descriptive only saying it had happened by a room on the 2nd floor of one of the dorms. The other officer headed to the office to see if we had caught anything on camera while I headed to that dorm to make sure nothing was still going on. The halls were empty for the most part so I didn't really have much more I could do as they didn't give us any more details than what I said above.

So I walked the rest of the dorm to make sure nothing else was going on. As I came back down to the second floor I met up with the other officer and we headed to the room the caller had told us this happened by. One of the roommates informed us that they had let 4 male students in to their room to hang out (common thing as these girls don't ever really think anything bad could happen) and as they were talking to two of them the other two slipped into the bathroom where their roommate was passed out drunk on the floor, pulled off her pants and started taking pictures of her. She said she knew what the two boys looked like, but that she didn't actually know names. At this point the girl didn't want to call the cops and because of the schools unwillingness to let us call the cops without their permission we told the girls to call us if they changed their minds.

The other officer and I headed to the other floors again to make sure everything was still quite. As we got onto one of the other floors another female student stopped us and informed us of what the other girl just had (apparently she was one of the roommates as well) but she had gone up with one of her male friends to find out who these guys where. We got partial names of the two students that had taken the pictures and told her to go talk to her roommate and if she wanted us to call the cops to let us know, but because of the schools restrictions on us she would be better to call the police if that's what she wanted and then call us. We finished our patrol of the building then headed back to the office to write up our reports.

As we were on the way back the girl we had just talked to called us to let us know she had talked her roommate into calling the cops and they were on the way. So the other officer headed to the office to notify our supervisor and I headed to the girls room again to get everyone calmed down while the police were on the way. There was a male student, a friend of one of the girls, there in the room and I pulled him aside to talk to him because he has a reputation for having a temper and standing up for these girls when stuff goes bad. As much as I wanted to see it, we couldn't let students go hunting down these two guys because that would of just been a huge mess. Turns out when he found out about what happened he had gone to the other two boys room (the two that were in the kitchen) and found out the names of the two picture takers for us. The other two felt bad because they had no idea that this was going to happen.

After talking to him I talked to one of the other roommates to get the full story of what had happened. Like they said before 4 boys heard there music on and knocked on the door to see what was up. The girls invited them in and they were all hanging out. At some point two of the boys slipped into the bathroom without anyone noticing, pulled off the girls pants and started taking pictures. A few minutes later the roommate heard her crying and went in to see what was going on. She saw the boys taking pictures and told them to leave, at which point one of the guys that had come in the room with them snatched them up and removed them from the room.

RA's and a GA showed up shortly after to start taking information for their reports followed by the cops shortly after. The police collected information from all the girls and told the girl what her options were. She told them she didn't want to press charges, which happens almost every time out here, and the cop told her that he was going to file a simple assault but if she changed her mind they could upgrade it to a sexual assault. He then came out of the room and started talking to us. I got to say this cop was one of the cooler cops I've dealt with. He informed us that he was going to turn on a recorder and then we headed to the two boys room that had taken the pictures.

The cops knocked on the door (and I when I say knock I mean he POUNDED the door almost off the hinges) but the boys wouldn't answer. We then let him in at his request and let him know the layout of the room. He went in to wake up the first boy who flat out refused to get up. Kept rolling over, pulling the blanket over his head and finally got up only after being threatened with arrest if he didn't comply. The second boy woke up and was cooperative in that regard. The cops asked the first boy what had happened tonight and he told them nothing that they had been in their room since 2:30 am. He then turned to the second boy and said "Ok, I'm going to ask you what happened because I DON'T f****g LIKE TALKING TO LIARS!" and looked at the first boy as he was saying the last part. The second boy said they had been in the room and one of the roommates told everyone to come look at her friend passed out in the bathroom. He received a message on his phone at that moment and that must be why they thought he was taking pictures. The cop asked for both of their phones to which the second boy complied and the first said he had lost his on the way back to their room.

As they were talking to the cops I noticed multiple beer cans through the dorm (this is a dry dorm on top of the fact both boys were under age) and pointed it out to the GA. I also noticed bobby pins that had been bent straight that had a black substance on the end (something we find a lot with students that smoke pot as that's how they clean out their pipes). When the cops where done with their questioning the GA had me search the room for any more beer and drugs/paraphernalia which we didn't find so we removed the empty cans to discard them.

Overall, my night sucked. I feel so bad for this girl, but there is nothing I could do. I have a family to take care of otherwise I would of just rolled these two for an hour or two and dumped em in the middle of the nearest cornfield. After that whole event I felt drained, pissed and disgusted that these boys think they can just do that. One of them is from Germany so if any action is taken on this he'll probably be deported over it. The other one, the non-compliant one, is someone that we know of already because he's a dick to students and staff alike. They're both soccer players and the girl is a softball player so now we're going to have coaches involved which usually makes things worse for the boys because they'll be made examples of and more than likely kicked off the soccer team and banned from the dorms and campus except to attend classes, if they don't get flat out expelled.

Sorry for the long post, just needed to vent that out more than anything and I know a few of you have kids. I know it happens, but if we can teach our boys to have respect and our girls to be more cautious about who they just let into their rooms we could help spare them from these type of things.

Sounds like a rough night man...it's tough dealing with kids on the verge of adulthood who think they know it all, or that they are invincible, or think that nothing bad can happen to them. Add alcohol to the mix and we all know what happens...

All we can do is raise our own to be ladies and gentlemen...and hope they develop enough common sense and social awareness that they don't become victims... or predators.

Read your vent. Sad when you look at today's youth and know they will shape our future.

This stuff disgusts me... Almost speechless. Theyre predators in nature and should be destroyed. Theyre useless bastards with nothing productive to offer. I have zero sympathy. If it were my child that did something like this, I dont know I could hold myself back... If it happened to a daughter of mine, I would leave nothing but ashes.

I say burn em, destroy them and leave nothing in the wake.

Rough night.

As parents, all we can do is try to raise the kids right.

Ultimately, it's up to them to make the right decisions. And it isn't always the parents faults the way they turn out as many would blame.

When they make a decision to do the wrong thing, none of them could look me in the eye and convince me there parents would've let them do that had they been there with them. It was their choice, they made it.

Sounds like the girl made a couple of bad decisions of her own (first letting a bunch of guys in, and then drinking herself unconscionse).

And if they boys had any maturity or respect for themselves or her at all, they would've had the decency to have left well before it escalated to this point. They made the decision to violate her.

I wouldn't be too surprised if that wasn't the hope all along.

The thing that sucks it yes the girl did drink herself to a point she couldn't defend herself, but it was her roommates that let the boys in while she was passed out. The roommates felt like s**t and one of them even told the cops she was going to go beat the F*** out of the guys. Of course the cops, trying not to laugh, told her to make sure she doesn't get herself in trouble over their dumb decision.

Rossi, the cop said the same thing to the boys. "If that was my daughter and I found out about this you best bet your lucky you didn't answer that door!" On the way over he told us even though he wanted to say a few things he couldn't because of the recorder and a recent run in with internal affairs due to a similar situation where he told a guy that molested a young lady what he thought of him. I see s**t like this all the time and I just have to bite my tongue. I get paid to stand there and look pretty most of the time ... the schools so worried about their public image that they'd rather the cops not be called unless someone is in imminent danger, yet they wont allow us to handle s**t without their say so. Bureaucracy at it's finest.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
The thing that sucks it yes the girl did drink herself to a point she couldn't defend herself, but it was her roommates that let the boys in

Then that changes everything.

John A. said:
Sn3aKyGuY said:
The thing that sucks it yes the girl did drink herself to a point she couldn't defend herself, but it was her roommates that let the boys in

Then that changes everything.

Even so, the boys are responsible for their actions, no one else. Roommate didnt say, "go check her out, shes passed out drunk and helpless" and the boys arent mindless animals with unsatiable and uncontrolable urges but are human too and are fully accountable. There comes atime in young peoples lives where the parents have raised their children, (or havent) but then the child has to become accountable for them selves.

Exactly! My mother was, and still is, a drug addict and I wont even start to get into the things she has done and continues to do for money, drugs or whatever she wants. I haven't talked to her for almost 6 years. My father, while he at least tried, was a drug addict for many years and is still a really heavy drinker. With all the bad examples I had growing up I still turned out to be a good person (I think). I can't say the same for all of my siblings, but that just proves my point even more. You make your own life and in the end it's up to you to be the man or woman you want to be.

Yup. I would say there are few among us who had ideal childhoods.

Back