• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Love my 930 JM special but hand some initial problems and need some advice!

So I've been waiting in anticipation to post on here, was referred by the guys at Van Comp who pointed me in this direction. So I took delivery of my 930 on the 12th of Dec and stuck several hundred rounds through it over the break! Last weekend, I encountered an issue, the gun stopped extracting rounds and notice the extractor lug on the bench!

Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 9.57.54 PM.png

I understand this is an issue with the gun and a couple of people on here have found solutions, I've tried scrolling through several threads but not found anything...Anyone point me in the right direction?

Do I return the gun to Mossberg? I tried calling and email for a few days with little success or no response (a little disappointing in itself) or do I find a good gunsmith and have him fabricate a solution that may be a little more robust. I have big plans for this gun to make it my own but hadn't expected this issue out the gate!

Anyone else experience this issue? I knew I might need to pamper the gun a little and bed it in but didn't expect this within days of using her.

Thoughts and comments?

D

We have a customer service contact with Mossberg that should be able to help sort it out...

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

This type of failure is definitely not typical, especially within the 930 JM Pro line. I would suggest putting the responsibility on them to repair the weapon. Ask that they send a return label so you do not have to pay for shipping. It may take some time, but at least you would have your shotgun repaired by a factory technician. Good luck and keep us posted...

We have a customer service contact with Mossberg that should be able to help sort it out...

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

This type of failure is definitely not typical, especially within the 930 JM Pro line. I would suggest putting the responsibility on them to repair the weapon. Ask that they send a return label so you do not have to pay for shipping. It may take some time, but at least you would have your shotgun repaired by a factory technician. Good luck and keep us posted...

Thanks, good to have a direct contact, its been a little frustrating trying to reach them right now by phone or general email. I hope it doesn't take too much time :( I was loving the gun and have grand plans for it.. This is another picture of the ejector close up, doesn't look too healthy..

Attachments

• 10906499_10153338406192203_9219381206163238782_n.jpg
    10906499_10153338406192203_9219381206163238782_n.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Glad to help.

If you do end up sending it it, be sure to include a letter describing the issue in detail. There is sometimes a disconnect between their CS department and the tech who ends up working on the firearm. The letter will close the gap and ensure that your particular issue is addressed directly and help expedite the process.

Stay on top of them too. They tend to push things through faster for people who call or email on a frequent basis while they have the firearm...

well I got a call today but the lady left a message, couldn't make her name and didn't give me a direct number, gave up after 30mins+ on hold again :( I will keep trying!

Hey, so after a rather grumpy email to general service (i was far more polite in my note to Joe) I actually got a response from him yesterday that they are shipping a new barrel to me directly today, so fingers crossed, I'll be back up and running when I return from Texas ;)

Another quick question, do you have any suggestions/preferences on Choke Manufactures? I'm looking for a set of Chokes, mainly for Sporting clays and Slug - I appreciate these are different chokes, mainly interested in the brand you use, if indeed you do?

Thanks
Daren

Hey, so after a rather grumpy email to general service (i was far more polite in my note to Joe) I actually got a response from him yesterday that they are shipping a new barrel to me directly today, so fingers crossed, I'll be back up and running when I return from Texas ;)

Another quick question, do you have any suggestions/preferences on Choke Manufactures? I'm looking for a set of Chokes, mainly for Sporting clays and Slug - I appreciate these are different chokes, mainly interested in the brand you use, if indeed you do?

Thanks
Daren
I've done some research on chokes, particularly the Carlson chokes. From what I've read they don't really pattern much better than the accu-chokes.

Back