• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

lubing and protecting nothing better on that than eezox imho

tnxdshooter

Internet Troll
BANNED
I am anal about cleaning and lubing of guns. For cleaning the fouling out of my pistol, and rifle barrels I use Remington 40x bore cleaner. It seems to work better than anything i have tried. As far as slide rails and rifle actions go I use a small amount of hoppes 9 grease applied with a tooth brush. This is after cleaning and lubing with eezox. I have found the eezox to lube and protect from corrosion better than anything i have ever used and have used them all. To clean my shotgun i intend to keep it wiped down and lubed with eezox. I will clean the bore with bore brush and rod then run the snake through three times with 40x and then finish off with eezoxed patches. The eezox alot if tines i spray on and let dry in a thin coat. I've had no rust with it and fingerprints just evaporate after touching the gun like you're breath does on a window. Its pretty cool. So yeah eezox is expensive but works and its worth every penny its the best I've found.

Re: lubing and protecting nothing better on that than eezox

From the EEZOX site...

============================================================

Facts You Should Know About Gun Care Lubricants,Cleaners and Rust Preventatives.

The oldest and most widely used method to clean a gun is to use a nitrogen solvent, and to lubricate with a petroleum lube distillate. To shoot the gun it is necessary to wipe it dry first; to store the gun it is necessary to apply a heavy coating of more flammable petroleum lube distillate. This method dates back to the 1920's with some modifications being added, such as teflon or silicone powders which allegedly lubricate.

Many changes have taken place in the last 70 years - in new technology, engineering and design of firearms and ammunition. In spite of these advances, the three-step method of gun care - (1) solvent for cleaning, (2) flammable petroleum for lubricating, and (3) more lubricant for rust prevention - is still widely used.

Firearms manufactured today and in the past twenty years have gone through the most rapid and continuing change in design and metallurgy combinations, with ever-increasing precision manufacturing.

Due to advanced engine design, as well as metallurgy changes we certainly cannot or would not use motor oils made 20 years ago in the crankcase of our automobiles, recreational vehicles, etc. Therefore, it only stands to reason that with the new technology and design which has taken place in the field of firearms and ammunition - the products we use to maintain our firearms must also change.

Lubrication and metal protection vary depending on the products, machinery, parts, etc. to be lubricated and protected. What is good for one application is not right for another.

For example, Teflon is fine for frying pans, gears and other metal surfaces, but it is not a lubricant. Teflon, in fact, builds up residue when blended with flammable petroleum lube distillates. This residue build-up is left on firearm mechanisms, firing pins and in bores/barrels, etc.

Synthetic EEZOX® Premium Gun Care technology enables the action of ONE product to CLEAN - LUBRICATE - PREVENT RUSTING AND FINGER PRINTING. The technology of molecular structure control allows a superior formulation of solvents, synthetic lubricants and rust inhibitors to be processed through EEZOX®'s exclusive reactor into the strong but thin molecular structure.

When a firearm is cleaned with EEZOX®, the solvent evaporates, and Synthetic EEZOX® lubricant and rust preventative is instantly on all metal surfaces cleaned - in the mechanisms, bore/barrel, actions - leaving no opportunity for a rusting process to take place. When EEZOX® has dried to the touch, the firearm is ready for use or storage.

The EEZOX® lubricant and rust preventative on the firearm is a very thin, strong molecular structured product which performs as follows:

From 95 degrees F BELOW ZERO to +450 degrees F.

Cleans, lubricates, prevents rust and finger printing;

No oily film - dry to the touch.

EEZOX® ELIMINATES stiff actions, jamming, residue build-up, lead and brass build-up, plastic shot wad build-up. EEZOX® allows all guns to function to factory design.

EEZOX® weighs 10.42 pounds per gallon - squirt or spray EEZOX® into a container of water and it will sink to the bottom. This density prevents water from penetrating the thin layer of EEZOX® and from reacting with the metal to form rust. Because of the hydrocarbon oil content of other products, they will "float" on water. Therefore, water penetrates this oil layer and rests on the metal surface. The water then reacts with oxygen and the metal surface to form rust.

===========================================================

Re: lubing and protecting nothing better on that than eezox

SHOOTER13 said:
From the EEZOX site...

============================================================

Facts You Should Know About Gun Care Lubricants,Cleaners and Rust Preventatives.

The oldest and most widely used method to clean a gun is to use a nitrogen solvent, and to lubricate with a petroleum lube distillate. To shoot the gun it is necessary to wipe it dry first; to store the gun it is necessary to apply a heavy coating of more flammable petroleum lube distillate. This method dates back to the 1920's with some modifications being added, such as teflon or silicone powders which allegedly lubricate.

Many changes have taken place in the last 70 years - in new technology, engineering and design of firearms and ammunition. In spite of these advances, the three-step method of gun care - (1) solvent for cleaning, (2) flammable petroleum for lubricating, and (3) more lubricant for rust prevention - is still widely used.

Firearms manufactured today and in the past twenty years have gone through the most rapid and continuing change in design and metallurgy combinations, with ever-increasing precision manufacturing.

Due to advanced engine design, as well as metallurgy changes we certainly cannot or would not use motor oils made 20 years ago in the crankcase of our automobiles, recreational vehicles, etc. Therefore, it only stands to reason that with the new technology and design which has taken place in the field of firearms and ammunition - the products we use to maintain our firearms must also change.

Lubrication and metal protection vary depending on the products, machinery, parts, etc. to be lubricated and protected. What is good for one application is not right for another.

For example, Teflon is fine for frying pans, gears and other metal surfaces, but it is not a lubricant. Teflon, in fact, builds up residue when blended with flammable petroleum lube distillates. This residue build-up is left on firearm mechanisms, firing pins and in bores/barrels, etc.

Synthetic EEZOX® Premium Gun Care technology enables the action of ONE product to CLEAN - LUBRICATE - PREVENT RUSTING AND FINGER PRINTING. The technology of molecular structure control allows a superior formulation of solvents, synthetic lubricants and rust inhibitors to be processed through EEZOX®'s exclusive reactor into the strong but thin molecular structure.

When a firearm is cleaned with EEZOX®, the solvent evaporates, and Synthetic EEZOX® lubricant and rust preventative is instantly on all metal surfaces cleaned - in the mechanisms, bore/barrel, actions - leaving no opportunity for a rusting process to take place. When EEZOX® has dried to the touch, the firearm is ready for use or storage.

The EEZOX® lubricant and rust preventative on the firearm is a very thin, strong molecular structured product which performs as follows:

From 95 degrees F BELOW ZERO to +450 degrees F.

Cleans, lubricates, prevents rust and finger printing;

No oily film - dry to the touch.

EEZOX® ELIMINATES stiff actions, jamming, residue build-up, lead and brass build-up, plastic shot wad build-up. EEZOX® allows all guns to function to factory design.

EEZOX® weighs 10.42 pounds per gallon - squirt or spray EEZOX® into a container of water and it will sink to the bottom. This density prevents water from penetrating the thin layer of EEZOX® and from reacting with the metal to form rust. Because of the hydrocarbon oil content of other products, they will "float" on water. Therefore, water penetrates this oil layer and rests on the metal surface. The water then reacts with oxygen and the metal surface to form rust.

===========================================================

Yup it is good stuff.

Back