• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mag spring question

hi jeff, i would call wolf just to make sure you get the correct one. it does say that you need to fit to your application.

SHOULDN'T CHOATE SUPPLY THIS INFORMATION IN THE FRIGGIN' INSTRUCTIONS.... I BOUGHT THE 7 ROUND EXTENSION... CAN'T GET MORE THAN 5 ROUNDS IN. C'MON CHOATE!!!!!!!

lloydster1200r said:
SHOULDN'T CHOATE SUPPLY THIS INFORMATION IN THE FRIGGIN' INSTRUCTIONS.... I BOUGHT THE 7 ROUND EXTENSION... CAN'T GET MORE THAN 5 ROUNDS IN. C'MON CHOATE!!!!!!!
Did you remove the lip in the mag tube?

I had the same problem. five rounds not seven in the extension. I 'just' started cutting back on the spring until I got seven rounds onboard.

Same here. Finally got the time work on it. would only load 6 with initial cut. took out the spring and assembled to see if 7 actually fit. they did with room to spare so it was the spring bunching up. Cut a few coils and 7 just fits. I'm afraid to cut any more, it works well enough. My spring, both the original and the Choate make a squeaking noise when compressing.
Any ideas besides oil?

Can someone please post up some pics of the Choate extensions? So far the only pics I've found have been on the 26" models.

Looking for a pic of one installed on the tactical models, as I'm trying to decide which length to order.

Thank you

Erik

Back