• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mag tubes and followers

Ok,
Was just doing a little work on my 590 a clean and finally getting round to putting the GG&G follower that's been sat on my shelf for month into it. Once fitted I found a strange thing it will now only take 9 rounds in the mag, I swapped it back for the factory Mossberg one and it fits 10 ? I think I wil fit the GG&G anyway as 9+1 is fine and I like the hi vis of the follower plus the feel as its easier to identify when in competitions. Just found it strange it effected the mag capacity as there isn't much size difference between the followers

Chris

chrismetallica1 said:
Just found it strange it effected the mag capacity as there isn't much size difference between the followers

Chris

What is the size difference? It could be just enough to not let it slip one more in there...

Your right its only a few MM but that exactly the amount. If I try and put the 10th round in it just stops about 3mm away from the cartridge stop. I tried a spare spring but even cutting it down you cant get the 10th one in. 9+1 is fine

Back